Bills UDFA thread. Signings only. Listed on pg. 9

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

This is a general message. Do not take it personally, unless it applies to you (then please, take it personally)

Just spent time I'll never get back cleaning a bunch of religious and political not football related schtuff out of this thread.  If you find that your post has gone AWOL, please take the hint and refrain from similar posts on TSW going forward.  A little joking around or off-topic is one thing but this was drowning the thread.

There are literally thousands of places to discuss your love of or your disdain for religion, politics etc etc - but only a few places to discuss Buffalo Bills football. 

Go Bills!

Just now, yungmack said:

This made me think something I've never thought of before. Did Jesus hunt? I know he brought a lot of fishermen unto his team, but is it mentioned in the bible that he personally fished? And did he own a gun?

Ha - related, the Netflix series with Fromm in it in his senior year in Hs is pretty cool. Looks like the same as he does now and he’s a competitive sob. Very likeable though 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

He didn't punt last year.  And was pretty good on KO's.  I guess in the absence of signing a guy, he's probably going to get the job.

He did a bunch in pre-season in that video I posted on the previous page. I trust McBeane, but I’m not impressed with Vedvik. They must see something there. I really think passing on Turk, because we have this dude and Bojorquez is a missed opportunity, but I guess only time will tell us. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He did a bunch in pre-season in that video I posted on the previous page. I trust McBeane, but I’m not impressed with Vedvik. They must see something there. I really think passing on Turk, because we have this dude and Bojorquez is a missed opportunity, but I guess only time will tell us. 

I missed your post.  Was going off of NFL.com.  Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Ha - related, the Netflix series with Fromm in it in his senior year in Hs is pretty cool. Looks like the same as he does now and he’s a competitive sob. Very likeable though 

I’ve been watching it today as well. 

Fromm is a very likeable kid... on the flip side... I CANNOT stand Tate Martell. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

If Vedvik can punt, KO and hit long FG's, great.  Need to see it first.

He can punt and he can kick, sure. But how well? As a kicker has shown to be anti-clutch in his NFL opportunity - the 2019 season opener vs the Bills. Misses a FG, misses an extra point, 0.0%, Jets lose by 1. And then there was the 2018 off-field injury where nobody really knows what happened (basically got his ass kicked and got rolled). Versatility for versatility sake doesn't impress me, and unreliability is not a resume enhancer.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

He can punt and he can kick, sure. But how well? As a kicker has shown to be anti-clutch in his NFL opportunity - the 2019 season opener vs the Bills. Misses a FG, misses an extra point, 0.0%, Jets lose by 1. And then there was the 2018 off-field injury where nobody really knows what happened (basically got his ass kicked and got rolled). Versatility for versatility sake doesn't impress me, and unreliability is not a resume enhancer.

Well know one really knows how well he can punt at this level? Obvisously he did dual duties in college. Every team that at this level has tried him as a big legged kicker and it hasnt worked out. But ive always thought that he should primarily be a punter. His senior year of college he had a pretty good average punt. And he had a 92 yard long... 7th longest in FBS history. Im not sure how often he pinned teams inside 10 yard line and 20 yard line but with his leg its worth a shot. 

One thing for certain is we arent bringing 3 punters into training camp. There are just not enough reps for that... so not sure why people wanted to add another. I get it. Im frustrated  with Borjorquez to and im rooting for Vedvik cause he has some serious potential as a punter with his leg.

Edited by Kmart128

3 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

That’s a problem for Fromm as he thanked Jesus in his intro interviews, basically said God has a plan for him and, no matter what, has a place for heaven for him. Said this right after he said he can’t wait to fish and hunt in buffalo. Too funny 

I don't know any specifics of Turk's religious beliefs, but most NFL locker rooms are pretty majority Christian these days - 75-86% by one survey.  It's not uncommon for some players to hold bible studies either at their home in eve. or during "down time" in the locker room. 

So I can't see why what Fromm said is a problem, especially with McDermott as HC.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know any specifics of Turk's religious beliefs, but most NFL locker rooms are pretty majority Christian these days - 75-86% by one survey.  It's not uncommon for some players to hold bible studies either at their home in eve. or during "down time" in the locker room. 

So I can't see why what Fromm said is a problem, especially with McDermott as HC.

It was satire- I love the kids charisma/moxy

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This years David Sills V

Yep except Turk would have a legitimate shot of making the team. Sills was so overwhelmed he didn’t even make our practice squad

Edited by Turbo44
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hurricane said:

People acting like Turk is the next face of the franchise lmao..... 

Got my Turk jersey on F5

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

Yep except Turk would have a legitimate shot of making the team. Sills was so overwhelmed he didn’t even make our practice squad

Should have made the squad at the very least, I think he makes the catch for the win in the playoff game

Kind of upset I missed all the religious and political stuff the Mods apparently scrubbed from this thread. Love being at odds with my neighbors in WNY. Oh, well.

I guess let's talk about punters, then. My money is on the dual threat guy, Vedvik (sp?). 

Also intrigued by the hybrid FB/HB guy. Love me a good west coast-style movement H-Back, if that's in fact what he is. Little help on this one?