A Few Scattered Thoughts About The Draft.....

1) I am completely thrilled by the Fromm pick. Does he have Josh Allen talent? Of course not, but he was a complete steal!!! What a wonderful pick!!! Fromm is very smart and he is a leader. Those who pay any attention to my posts know that I am an Alabama Fan, and have been one my whole life. I'm saying point blank that I would rather have Fromm than Hurts on the Bills. Does this make me "right?" No. Call it an educated guess.

2) I have said before that I haven't seen enough Diggs to properly evaluate the trade. I also said that I was skeptical, and for good reason. Well, I am now just about OK with it. The Bills finally have a good OL, a young budding star QB, and what I think will be a fine backup.

3) It looks like they want to provide weapons to Josh, and prepare for him to get injured and have Fromm step in. What a great concept!!!! Chances are that a running QB like Josh WILL get hurt, no? They might actually be prepared for this now.

4) We might even be stronger at RB!

5) Don't you love the fact that Josh and Fromm are different style QBs? I mean really, how great is that? Opposing coaches will have to change their game plans if we are forced to switch. 

6) Congrats Bills Fans. Our organization finally appears to be making sense.

7) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 23
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the o-line is just ok, not good or great. 

The 2018 o-line was atrocious- one of the worst in NFL history- and Beane did a good job adding talent from free agency to protect their 2nd year QB. 

Dawkins is a middling starter, Morse somewhat above average, while Spain, Feliciano, and Ford are average at best (and Ford is a potentially massive liability). 

We need some elite talent on the o line, though I don’t think Beane saw an opportunity at 54 (Hunt went in the beginning of the round and there wasn’t much else available at guard). 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bill, it’s always a good day when we get “a few thoughts about today” as we always looked forward to it Sunday night or Monday morning.  

Maybe you can resurrect after big games our favorite post.  I know Hapless, Chandler, 3 and 12 and so on would love it.

BTW, living down here so long, I have the upmost respect for what Saban has done for Roll Tide.

Have a good night friend.

MGK

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ny33 said:

I think the o-line is just ok, not good or great. 

The 2018 o-line was atrocious- one of the worst in NFL history- and Beane did a good job adding talent from free agency to protect their 2nd year QB. 

Dawkins is a middling starter, Morse somewhat above average, while Spain, Feliciano, and Ford are average at best (and Ford is a potentially massive liability). 

We need some elite talent on the o line, though I don’t think Beane saw an opportunity at 54 (Hunt went in the beginning of the round and there wasn’t much else available at guard). 

I get this but for many, many years it completely sucked. Average for the Bills is huge!

• Like (+1) 2

It is so sweet to see the shift in the Bills’ decision making. We have gone from management decisions bringing reactions of ‘What?  Why?’  To reactions of ‘Good pick, makes sense’. Even when I disagree, I have faith in today’s management team to make smart decisions

• Like (+1) 5

LOL Being skeptical is my nature. I would have more fun being giddy about everything in life to be sure, but; I LOVED that pick!!!

And, at least your post got a happy reaction from Joe. This indicates that he isn't in the midst of one of his crying fits.

Edited by Bill from NYC

13 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

Bill:

I'm not  surprised by your giddy reaction- Especially since the Bills didn't draft a CB!

You spoke tooo soooooon.....

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm amazed we used all the picks and didn't trade around the draft at all.

Yeah, I dunno if the Bean-ster was hampered by the setup of the draft, or the lack of some of the pre-draft "schmoozing" opportunities - or if he just liked how the draft fell to us.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You spoke tooo soooooon.....

Yeah, I dunno if the Bean-ster was hampered by the setup of the draft, or the lack of some of the pre-draft "schmoozing" opportunities - or if he just liked how the draft fell to us.

I am GLAD that they drafted a late round corner! :)

• Haha (+1) 1

Combined w/ our FA moves, this is as excited as I've been since the  mid-90's.

Anyone remember when Moorman was our best player?

Beane has done a wonderful job finding talent, and more importantly, building DEPTH.  There isn't a position on this team that I would call a "need."  Been a long time since we could say that.

Very happy.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm amazed we used all the picks and didn't trade around the draft at all.

I'm amazed thinking all of these picks will likely make the team! That's pretty cool and not easy considering the quality team we have. Kudo's to Brandon Beane. Fantastic job!