Beane, please go get Clowney

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

If there are no injuries, 10 DL are making the team.

So, where exactly is Clowney fitting in?

Hughes, Addison, Clowney, Epenesa, Jefferson as DE/DT

Star, Oliver, Phillips, Butler, at DT

Last season they only had 8 but I'd keep 9. They had 5 TE on first 53 man roster - they will only have four this year

Edited by Ethan in Portland

10 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

We don't have the money if you want to keep Tre. 

I agree.  Clowney is not worth the money.   I also don't believe he is a team first "process" guy.  

Team chemistry is so important.  I wouldn't want Clowney to mess that up.

Beane is doing an awesome job of building this team the right way.  I say. stay the course. 

I can envision the 2020 season,  if we have one,  as the Bills winning the division and getting at least one playoff victory.

Go Bills!!!

With the money he wants you have to wait til travel restrictions are lessend.  You need to check out his knee.  Does he got 1 year? 2 year? 3 years left on it?  Or are you going to pay him a boatload of guaranteed money and he is Gourley.  

19 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Epenesa is King Leonidas

I KNEW I recognized him!!!! Great call! ? 

In all seriousness, Clowney is not a sack machine. He is a serviceable DE that wants to get paid elite money...just doesn’t make sense to me but I get why people want him: former first round pick and well known. But there’s a reason he’s going to his third team in his first six years in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, njbuff said:

If there are no injuries, 10 DL are making the team.

So, where exactly is Clowney fitting in?

Hughes

Addison

Clowney

Epenesa

Ed

Jefferson

Harrison

Star

butler

Cut Murphy to save the 8 mill, then take your pick. Johnson, Taylor or Mike Love

47 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Signing Clowney is a desperate type move that Russ Brandon and Buddy Nix would be making. 

If we signed him long term, i might agree....

but at this point, it’s taking advantage of an opportunity to add a potentially game changing player for one year at market price.

one year.  Makes sense to me.

Just now, njbuff said:

Ain't happening, but one can dream.

I agree that it’s not happening.

I do think he would improve our team

On 4/25/2020 at 4:42 PM, peterpan said:

I like the idea of getting Clowney.  Why not? We have the money, guys will get hurt, not pan out, rotate, etc.  

Agreed and we can trade assets for future picks.  Beane has done it before.  Stock the cupboards, work through the process through training camp and trade assets for picks.

Its reasonable.