Jake Fromm, not sure if I would do but open to opinions

Jake seems like a guy needing development, and since I watched a lot of Davis happy with the 4th round, but you draft crazy guys, was there a better CB available?  I don’t know so will defer to my learned colleagues.

I get the QB pick and maybe speaks to N insurance policy for Allen, or maybe it was just a young back up.  I just hope at the least we grab a CB to back up our right side guys.

I still contend Beane has done a masterful job with the free agency and now draft picks to date.  Keep it up McBeane. 

My own personal profile  of Jake Fromm!!!

Jake Fromm QB Georgia

Strengths:

• Cerebral player with good football instincts. Outstanding leadership qualities and character

• Throws with good anticipation, touch and accuracy

• Operates through progressions well and keeps eyes downfield when facing pressure

• Plays with poise and confidence in pressure situations

• Has a firm solid base and calm footwork when in the pocket

• Rarely puts the ball in danger areas. 11 total INT in 3 seasons as a starting QB.

• Knows when to throw the ball away to avoid the sack. As evidenced by only 15 sacks taken in 2020

Weakness:

• Mobility appears average to below average as does athleticism  

• Arm velocity is average. Accuracy and touch suffers when trying to increase throw velocity above his normal range

• Difficulty with deep ball connection

Summary

Intelligent player who makes smart decisions with the football including pre and pro snap reads. High character player who will likely be a team leader and captain at NFL level. Played in pro style offence, and might be the most NFL ready of all draft eligible quarterbacks in 2020. Fromm was excellent  in the National Championship game as a freshman. Has a willingness to scramble but is not a threat to the defence. Arm strength and athleticism are a concern and may hold him back. An anticipatory thrower able to accurately make most throws, however does struggle with deep outs. At minimum appears to be a solid NFL backup with possible starting potential.  

Comparison: Chad Pennington