Fins get RB Matt Breida from SF for 5th round pick

tomur67

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Miami has the look of paper champions this off season.

In all seriousness they seem to be putting together a solid team both offensively and defensively. We're the better squad but they should not be taken lightly.

i think they will be the surprise team. I don't think they have turned things around and become the Division leaders (did read something saying that with a RB, they are now a possible playoff team), but I think that they could be a solid team that will not be easy to beat. They are building a solid team, not spectacular or flashy (like the Browns), but solid

• Like (+1) 2

I've been worried about Miami since the last month of last season, when they really pulled it together.  They started last year as the worst team in the league, and finished it beating NE in NE, in a game NE needed to win.  Their coach, Brian Flores, is doing what McD is doing in Buffalo -- creating a professional, tough, team-first attitude.  The Fish loaded up on draft picks and have addressed their deficiencies in the draft. 

I think Miami's timing is going to be good.  2020 will be a tough year for the AFCE which has to play the AFCW and NFCW, with all that travel.  Probably, only the division champ makes the playoffs, and will not get a first round bye.  Miami will do well this year but probably won't win the division.  In 2021, though, all the new pieces come back, and Miami is going to be very strong, possibly better than Buffalo.  I think the AFCE will be a two-team race, Buffalo and Miami, for at least five years to come.

8 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Not sure why trading draft picks for rotational running backs is seen as a great move for the Fish.  You could draft the same guy for 1/2 the price

They have a lot of rookies and probably want veteran leadership.

12 hours ago, tomur67 said:

Wish we made that deal. Speed, speed, speed!

There is only one football for Christ sake

12 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Miami has the look of paper champions this off season.

In all seriousness they seem to be putting together a solid team both offensively and defensively. We're the better squad but they should not be taken lightly.

They are accumulating talent but ate they building a team

14 hours ago, Utah John said:

I've been worried about Miami since the last month of last season, when they really pulled it together.  They started last year as the worst team in the league, and finished it beating NE in NE, in a game NE needed to win.  Their coach, Brian Flores, is doing what McD is doing in Buffalo -- creating a professional, tough, team-first attitude.  The Fish loaded up on draft picks and have addressed their deficiencies in the draft. 

I think Miami's timing is going to be good.  2020 will be a tough year for the AFCE which has to play the AFCW and NFCW, with all that travel.  Probably, only the division champ makes the playoffs, and will not get a first round bye.  Miami will do well this year but probably won't win the division.  In 2021, though, all the new pieces come back, and Miami is going to be very strong, possibly better than Buffalo.  I think the AFCE will be a two-team race, Buffalo and Miami, for at least five years to come.

They have a lot of rookies and probably want veteran leadership.

Why on Earth would they be better than Buffalo? Is this a Tua vs. Allen comment?