Rd 6, Pick 207 (from Ravens via NE): WR, Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon State

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If Hodgins makes the active roster, I could see him play big slot in the red zone.   

We like to split Beasley outside to get him one on one in space.  Teams can’t really shade that way because Diggs will be on the other side.  John Brown really doesn’t need to be out there in this area of the field (IMO), then we can bring in Hodgins as a big slot.  

Thats a lot to defend, while worrying about Allen running the ball himself. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Love Beane's approach to this - getting different types of players to allow Daboll to exploit matchups.

Like what you proposed - pick your poison.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

If my 14 year old daughter would have said something like that in front of my friends she would have been grounded , 

( ?‍♂️ I failed her as a father ) 

Oy vey I give up. Do you take thing out of context much?

Hopefully he can be a Steve Johnson type WR for the Bills.

Double moves and exceptional route running with the hands.

Steve Johnson was by no means a burner, I think 4.54 in the 40-yard, but he could get open on Revis and Sherman. 

You could not cover that man on a slant. 

I like that the Bills focused on real college production. These are not tools kinds of picks with no production on the field. Even Fromm, quarterbacked a real SEC school to wins. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I got “tweet unavailable” when I clicked on it. 

Guess he deleted it- it was a tweet from 2013 (I think?) with a picture of a box of wings- and said some thing like they call me the chicken man.  He is probably deleting old tweets with all the new attention he is getting.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

There's short striders (Hogkins) and long striders (Foster) and guys who look they're running in mud. Nelson reminded me of the latter.

Among the top-3 complaints last year was receivers who drops passes. Beane goes and gets Diggs, Davis, Hogkins.

Foster seems redundant to a roster with Diggs and Brown since Foster really only runs one route well and that's ol' #9, and those other guys can do it as well or better and do other stuff that a WR should be doing in this league. In two years Foster hasn't shown much growth at all as a route runner. He's a fast dude for gadgets but so's McKenzie and McKenzie can actually run routes.

Hodgins. At first I thought you might be giving him a disease. :rolleyes:

It's unfortunate this year rookies probably won't have much chance to EARN a place on the roster. it may come down to "stick with what you got for the sake of consistency" and "roll the dice on a new guy hoping he can get up to speed quickly and improve the WR squad.  Maybe they go with "one of each".

4 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Hodgins is an absolute steal in the 6th. It’s baffling he fell this far. Super comparable to Tee Higgins who was drafted round 2 pick 1, and Hodgins is a little better route runner. He will 100% make the roster. 

This pick really has me intrigued.  I love his height and his hands; I really hope he can develop into something special.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Hodgins is an absolute steal in the 6th. It’s baffling he fell this far. Super comparable to Tee Higgins who was drafted round 2 pick 1, and Hodgins is a little better route runner. He will 100% make the roster. 

I like him too.  He is a football player. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I agree- I wanted him (or Gandy) when we were picking Gabe and was shocked and thrilled when we took him in the 6th. These gms seem to be influenced so much by combine numbers and stats and he had the best 20 sprint time and lowest drop % of all wrs in the draft. That combined with great stats and a 6’4” frame makes it baffling to me that he lasted late into the 6th. I know his 4.6 40 is blah but he obviously is quick off the line and had size and ridiculous hands. Our win hopefully 

Edited by Turbo44
  • Like (+1) 2

On 4/25/2020 at 7:29 PM, HappyDays said:

Some of these catches are stupid. How was he still around in the 6th? I never even saw people talking about him before the draft. Allen is going to love throwing him the ball.

WGR mentioned him a few times.  That was the only reason I knew who he was. The kids hands are amazing.

12 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

I agree- I wanted him (or Gandy) when we were picking Gabe and was shocked and thrilled when we took him in the 6th. These gms seem to be influenced so much by combine numbers and stats and he had the best 20 sprint time and lowest drop % of all wrs in the draft. That combined with great stats and a 6’4” frame makes it baffling to me that he lasted late into the 6th. I know his 4.6 40 is blah but he obviously is quick off the line and had size and ridiculous hands. Our win hopefully 

There was a scout talking about how so many WR prospects had 2nd and 3rd round grades that a bunch would fall. Can't draft all of them, just a super deep year.