Rd 6, Pick 207 (from Ravens via NE): WR, Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon State

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

This is a joke tell me this is a joke

A late round draft pick is going to make our #1 WR trade bait. That’s a take for WGR. All that was missing was him ending it with “thanks I’ll hang up and listen now”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I don’t think he makes the roster this year. That said, he’s been much more reliable and productive than Foster, Duke, and ray ray. 

I can agree with that, but he just doesn’t  bring anything as a wide receiver that can’t easily be replaced & improved on.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

He's got insane body control as a third down and red zone target.  He doesn't get much seperation, even at the college level, but he can still be effective if Josh learns to throw him open (i.e., sideline throws, back of the end zone jump balls, etc).  He's got tremendous hands and seems to have good football IQ in terms of overcoming his athletic limitations.

This is the part that I can’t square. How can someone with such freaky quickness measurable not be able to get separation? His physical limitation is strength and his tape doesnt show near the technical chops of Davis, but get this guy some training and pointers from Diggs on how to use quickness to set up corners and you might have something special.

Boom/bust in 6th is fine.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

A late round draft pick is going to make our #1 WR trade bait. That’s a take for WGR. All that was missing was him ending it with “thanks I’ll hang up and listen now”

I was the one who said to calm down with the foster is gone and Duke is gone. People here are going way overboard with these late round draft picks. 

My point was everyone here would love for these guys to be so good that they'd make Brown and Diggs expendable, but the sensible person know that they will be fortunate if they even make the roster.

Whoa that was too much like work.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

6 Isaiah Hodgins vs  Robert Foster

I thought Foster should have been cut last year, but putting the disappearing man up against a 6'4" man with glue hands that can cut like that? Sorry Bob.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, wppete said:

WRs on the roster next year:

Stefon Diggs
Cole Beasley
John Brown
Gabriel Davis - R
Isaiah Hodgins - R

Robert Foster
Isaiah McKenzie

The special teams return man, Andre, could take either Foster or McKenzie’s spot. 

McKenzie has been the more consistent of the two.  Foster is an enigma. 

The Covid situation could make it harder for the rookies to show their skills and learn the offense. So that has to be considered.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

The special teams return man, Andre, could take either Foster or McKenzie’s spot. 

McKenzie has been the more consistent of the two.  Foster is an enigma. 

The Covid situation could make it harder for the rookies to show there skills and learn.  So that has to be considered.  

Agreed - I think they keep Andre as our avg return YDs/Att greatly improved on STs, and I believe McKenzie would beat Foster out for being the more consistent option as mentioned. Daboll seems to favor him in the sweep packages and slot option to spell Beasley, so barring a 180 from Foster that might do it. 

Granted, all this assumes they keep 7 WR on the roster - I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hodgins on the PS this first year to keep it to 6, but I like his potential for the value pick he is. Great hands and solid route running, never hurts.

Edited by ctk232

5 hours ago, wppete said:

Stefon Diggs
Cole Beasley
John Brown
Gabriel Davis - R
Isaiah Hodgins - R

Robert Foster
Isaiah McKenzie

They won't be cutting Andre Roberts. They have put so much effort into improving Special Teams this off season they won't then cut a top 3 returner. 

14 hours ago, The Dean said:

He's a big'un.  Competition at the back end of the WR position.

I have to admit, I expected they would start adding OL MEAT about now. But I'll sit back and trust the process. I;'m not stupid enough to complain about 6th round picks. But I know there will be some to do so.

Didn't we sign like 5 OL this month?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, wppete said:

Stefon Diggs
Cole Beasley
John Brown
Gabriel Davis - R
Isaiah Hodgins - R

Robert Foster
Isaiah McKenzie

What a difference from 2 years ago and what Allen had to work with his rookie year 

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Best part about that is you can almost see #11 planning his Touchdown dance and then an orange glove flashes in front of him.

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

He reminds me of David Nelson, but with hands.

There's short striders (Hogkins) and long striders (Foster) and guys who look they're running in mud. Nelson reminded me of the latter.

Among the top-3 complaints last year was receivers who drops passes. Beane goes and gets Diggs, Davis, Hogkins.

Foster seems redundant to a roster with Diggs and Brown since Foster really only runs one route well and that's ol' #9, and those other guys can do it as well or better and do other stuff that a WR should be doing in this league. In two years Foster hasn't shown much growth at all as a route runner. He's a fast dude for gadgets but so's McKenzie and McKenzie can actually run routes.

If Hodgins makes the active roster, I could see him play big slot in the red zone.   

We like to split Beasley outside to get him one on one in space.  Teams can’t really shade that way because Diggs will be on the other side.  John Brown really doesn’t need to be out there in this area of the field (IMO), then we can bring in Hodgins as a big slot.  

Thats a lot to defend, while worrying about Allen running the ball himself. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1