Rd 6, Pick 207 (from Ravens via NE): WR, Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon State

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I wish the Bills had someone else on the roster who could return kicks as well as Roberts. Having to use one of only six probable WR roster spots on a guy who solely returns kicks seems like a waste. I'm aware he's a very good kick returner, but still...

I don't want to see a 30+ year old kickoff returner push a young, talented guy like Davis or Hodgins off the roster.

The main thing thats valuable about Roberts is simply never fumbling, its understated

So one of these other guys also need to protect the ball if your going to oust Roberts

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

I wish the Bills had someone else on the roster who could return kicks as well as Roberts. Having to use one of only six probable WR roster spots on a guy who solely returns kicks seems like a waste. I'm aware he's a very good kick returner, but still...

I don't want to see a 30+ year old kickoff returner push a young, talented guy like Davis or Hodgins off the roster.

roberts is a blessing and curse in terms of eating a spot on game day. I wish they would get him involved more in the offense. Seems like he could easily be an asset on jet sweeps, wildcat, and Screens.  

16 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

why am I looking at this pick and finding no negatives here? How in the world did he last until the 6th? 

and his dad played in the NFL too— you know these legacy players always have a much easier transition! 

Seems relatively frail for an NFL WR.  Blocking, beating press, getting redirected on routes might be issues. He might be a special project for strength and conditioning staff.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

176 catches. 3 drops.

So some reviews say good route runner and others say needs to learn routes.... I assume we have scouts that actually know what they are seeing. We need better separation and route running so hopefully that opinion isn’t solid. 

12 minutes ago, Locomark said:

So some reviews say good route runner and others say needs to learn routes.... I assume we have scouts that actually know what they are seeing. We need better separation and route running so hopefully that opinion isn’t solid. 

i interpret that as very good at running the routes he has been asked to run. But he hasn't been taught to run as many routes as they would like to see,

5 minutes ago, The Dean said:

i interpret that as very good at running the routes he has been asked to run. But he hasn't been taught to run as many routes as they would like to see,

I played WR in high school. There are only about 12 routes you can ever run. KC has a few wrinkles on their downfield routes also. How sophisticated is it. People act like a route tree is 100 routes. 4 years of college and you better have mastered 12 routes. So if each one of them is run at 3 different depths, that 36 combos tops.

Edited by Locomark