Rd 6, Pick 188 (from Browns): K Tyler Bass, Georgia Southern

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

“huh” Hell.

Google the current roster. 

I'm pretty sure the intention was for him to be the 4th WR, not the 10th.  I'm not sure if you are aware but you also tend to carry more WRs than RBs so a 4th WR has more impact than a 4th RB.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Neither. He is a Striped Bass, commonly found in Lake Lanier, Georgia. Is very fond of spinner baits and football headed jigs.

Or Lake Mead outside Las Vegas, where my pops caught a 24 pounder... Big Ol fish, just like Bass'es leg

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

mans who are the dummies that say he can’t hit over 50 yards? Please.  The guy could be the next Justin Tucker. Let’s face it, no one here has a clue. The only bad thing about kickers is that teams are forced to give up on them too soon.  You often see kickers stick when they are on their 2nd or 3rd team.

Former Bills kickers Dustin Hopkins and 23 year vet Gary Anderson called to agree with you. :beer:

• Like (+1) 2

I'm genuinely surprised by people being upset with getting a kicker. We've got a great roster and it's the sixth round ffs! Be happy, we're no longer having to convince ourselves that John McCargo and Aaron Maybin are smart picks as we try to pretend the rest of the league isn't laughing at us. 

Edited by RobbRiddick
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Only 4 attempts of 50+, made two ( must have been two 50 yarders)

Any idea how long the others were, game conditions, etc? I suppose I could just go look it up myself. I really thought Blankenship would be the first K off the board, but not even close. I don't think he has a particularly big leg either, though. 6th rounder?  Take it for what it is. I'm on board.

And yes, according to many, he  was the #1 PK this year.

Edited by The Dean

36 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

What does this mean? Is Hauschka as good as gone? Or they can keep him based on camp competition and stash this guy on practice squad?

The same thing they have been preaching. Competition. If all Bass does is get Hauschka back to form then it's worth the pick. 

20 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

You’re not the gm though right? They obviously have some familiarity with this kid and feel comfortable bringing him in. What qualifies you over Beane to say he can’t win the job? Cause you read an article? 
How about the senior bowl? Read about that? 

He is an official member of the gang of six,  that mighty group of permanently disgruntled supposed Bills fans, to get in to this club ya gotta complain about pretty much anything the Bills do as an organization, all the time, Great isn’t it... ??

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

I'm genuinely surprised by people being upset with getting a kicker. We've got a great roster and it's the sixth round ffs! Be happy, we're no longer having to convince ourselves that John McCargo and Aaron Maybin are smart picks as we try to pretend the rest of the league isn't laughing at us. 

I'm excited enough about this pick that I flew through this thread and didn't even register disappointment lol. Screw em. I'm gonna be happy.

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

He is an official member of the gang of six,  that mighty group of permanently disgruntled supposed Bills fans, to get in to this club ya gotta complain about pretty much anything the Bills do as an organization, all the time, Great isn’t it... ??

I suspect 1 or 2 of them are actually fans of other AFC East teams.

• Like (+1) 2