Rd 6, Pick 188 (from Browns): K Tyler Bass, Georgia Southern

50 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I hear ya and agree wholeheartedly. But I’d also say that holds true for every position but kicker/punter. Drafted kickers are expected to compete for and win the job. 

I like what I'm hearing about the kid. Big leg, hope he can be accurate. Definitely need an upgrade from what Haushka has done the last couple years.

4 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

We have seen highly touted college kickers never get their game right at the next level. Hausa is ready to be sent out to pasture but I won’t be excited about Bass until he comes in and wins the job. 

I think clearing out his competition would be foolish and we might be the team trying to swoon Mike Nugent come December. Please no. 

100%, and I really like this pick.

How many times did the Georgia Southern HC go for it on 4th down?  The kicker doesn’t control when he gets sent in to make a FG. Maybe the HC played weenie ball and preferred to punt for better field possession if a kick didn’t make it. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm almost positive Haushka has the NFL record for consecutive 50+ yard field goals made

Not sure if he has the record but he did hold the most current consecutive streak from 50 plus. He actually has a better leg on FGs as opposed to kick offs. He was money in the Houston game.

23 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Uhhh....Dan Carpenter was 10/15 from 50+ when he was here.

Hauschka is 5/12 from 50+ in 2 years here.

Jeez I actually forgot about Carpenter...well I guess before him. I was trying to say that Rian Lindell sucked

41 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

We have seen highly touted college kickers never get their game right at the next level. Hausa is ready to be sent out to pasture but I won’t be excited about Bass until he comes in and wins the job. 

I think clearing out his competition would be foolish and we might be the team trying to swoon Mike Nugent come December. Please no. 

Well yeah. Any trade would be after their camp battle and preseason battle. Or one of them will just get cut. Not sure we could get a draft pick for a kicker.

Typically not a fan of young kickers. I like them to be cut a few times to get their head right, but he does have a hell of a leg though. I know a lot of folks hate Hauschka lately, but he is the 12th most accurate kicker in history. Replacing him won't be automatic

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Excellent pick. Kickers and punters are easily the best use of 6&7’s—who else is around that had an even money chance at making the final 53 and being a key contributor on a game to game basis?

or 55

We are going to score 40+ a game and have 20+ point leads every game. Diggs, Brown, Davis will be catching bombs all day and Singletary/Moss will have the opposing defenses begging for mercy. Fromm will be busy doing the kneel downs every week, so we may as well get this new kicker geared up to kick the game winning 55 yard field goal in the Super Bowl. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1