Rd 6, Pick 188 (from Browns): K Tyler Bass, Georgia Southern

11 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm almost positive Haushka has the NFL record for consecutive 50+ yard field goals made

He went 1 for 5 last year from 50 plus and will be 35 to start next season (only in sports is that considered old).  It should be an interesting competition.

11 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

I agree. Bass is graded as the top K in this year's draft according to CBSSports.com, but they gave the Bills an F grade for drafting him...in the sixth round.

Go figure.

What they give the Patriots for their White Supremacist Kicker?

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Holy ***** 

A 50 yard no step is impressive. He has the leg for the  Buffalo wind. Hope he develops and is accurate. Can’t wait to see what he can do. 

44 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

79% isn't that good.  Long of 50 isn't that good.  One highlight dinging off the post flying sideways isn't that good.  

Overall, not impressed. 

College kickers rarely kick past 50 yards in games. The dude has one of the best distances on his kicks I’ve seen since Justin Tucker. 

• Like (+1) 2

And great thing about our kicker unlike the Patriots there is no linked to White Supremacy. (I noticed ESPN highlighted suicides and drugs and tons of other tragedies) but no mention of the White Supremacy Tats when talking Patriots Kicker. 

13 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

We've seen great college kickers get to the pros and totally flop. 

We've also seen great college kickers get to the pros and decide they don't want to be in Buffalo and completely tank and get cut and have an All-Pro career.

Lookin' at you Gary Anderson you goldbricker.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Q. Of all our post-2010 Round 6-7 picks, who's had the best NFL career?

A. Dustin Hopkins, K, 2013 6th round pick. Didn't stick with the Bills, but he's been a rare bright spot for the Redskins the last half dozen years or so. 85% career on FGs.

Go back to 2010 and it's Arthur Moats. Lasted 8 years in the NFL. Other than those two, good luck finding anything more than "just a guy" or "training camp/practice squad body" in the 6th/7th rounds. These are the Ray-Rays and Austin Proehls (remember when we were excited about getting both? Well, at least some of us) and Dezmin Lewises. I haven't done the research but my guess is there's more UDFAs who make an impression, just because there's more UDFAs in general (there being only 64 6th/7th rounders every year).

Go up to the 5th round and you start seeing a marked improvement: Karlos Williams (it wasn't lack of talent), Siran Neal, Wyatt Teller, Matt Milano.

So taking a kicker in the 6th makes perfect sense, particularly when you already have a deep roster, which we do for the first time in a long, long time.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe this has already been mentioned but it seemed to escape everyone yesterday in the argument over leg strength:  in 2019 he had 55 touchbacks on 72 kickoffs.

72 kickoffs in 13 games also means Georgia Southern was scoring, meaning it probably didn't need to try 50+ yard FG's very often.

50 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Q. Of all our post-2010 Round 6-7 picks, who's had the best NFL career?

A. Dustin Hopkins, K, 2013 6th round pick. Didn't stick with the Bills, but he's been a rare bright spot for the Redskins the last half dozen years or so. 85% career on FGs.

Go back to 2010 and it's Arthur Moats. Lasted 8 years in the NFL. Other than those two, good luck finding anything more than "just a guy" or "training camp/practice squad body" in the 6th/7th rounds. These are the Ray-Rays and Austin Proehls (remember when we were excited about getting both? Well, at least some of us) and Dezmin Lewises. I haven't done the research but my guess is there's more UDFAs who make an impression, just because there's more UDFAs in general (there being only 64 6th/7th rounders every year).

Go up to the 5th round and you start seeing a marked improvement: Karlos Williams (it wasn't lack of talent), Siran Neal, Wyatt Teller, Matt Milano.

So taking a kicker in the 6th makes perfect sense, particularly when you already have a deep roster, which we do for the first time in a long, long time.

I have no problem with the process. I just hope we got the right one. My problem with the Hopkins pick is that Brandon McManus and Jason Myers were UDFA that year and both better than Hopkins. Draft a kicker, fine, just make sure you are really getting the best one. 

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I have no problem with the process. I just hope we got the right one. My problem with the Hopkins pick is that Brandon McManus and Jason Myers were UDFA that year and both better than Hopkins. Draft a kicker, fine, just make sure you are really getting the best one. 

Yah come on guys, just make sure you always draft the best player. This guy finally figured out the secret to success!