Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You should read this topic. It’s filled with folks calling him trash. Rooting against Bills players is a bad look.

Please oh wise one, tell me all the great Georgia QBs in NFL outside of Matt Stafford!  Because remember, big time QBs, from big time schools, who put up big time numbers are guaranteed success in the NFL!   

I certainly don't condone trashing Fromm, and I agree its a bad look.  But that doesn't stop the likes of you from trashing your current QB.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

3 hours ago, Figster said:

Its a good point and part of the reason why Allen struggles with long ball accuracy IMO. Give him more overall size in his WR corp and I believe we will see a better completion % with long ball throws from Josh Allen. Less of an arc on long balls allows more chances for smaller DB's to make a play and less time for a WR to adjust IMO. Its all fine and good to have the ability to throw with velocity. On the other hand you better have an ability to throw with touch or even the easiest pass plays become a problem.

Peyton Manning helped win his last Championship with what most would call a noodle arm because he understood what more arc and touch would give him, made the proper adjustments and played within his limitations in my humble opinion.

Smart fella, that Manning...

Nah, Manning won his last championship because of his defense. He was total trash and got benched for Osweiler that year, who also won games with that D. I’m just saying that Manning was done at that point, and there is a limitation to how much anyone can do with a noodle arm. 

Edited by SirAndrew

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Nah, Manning won his last championship because of his defense. He was total trash and got benched for Osweiler that year, who also won games with that D. I’m just saying that Manning was done at that point, and there is a limitation to how much anyone can do with a noodle arm. 

Touche on the Wade Phillips D SirAndrew

I said he helped, hehe

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Please oh wise one, tell me all the great Georgia QBs in NFL outside of Matt Stafford!  Because remember, big time QBs, from big time schools, who put up big time numbers are guaranteed success in the NFL!   

I certainly don't condone trashing Fromm, and I agree its a bad look.  But that doesn't stop the likes of you from trashing your current QB.

I don’t trash Allen. On the contrary, I like him a lot. I just found your “SEC QB’s fail all the time” argument kinda silly, because all QB’s from every where fail a lot. That’s how it is.

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You should read this topic. It’s filled with folks calling him trash. Rooting against Bills players is a bad look.

To be fair, I had just spent two hours with friends watching the draft and running down Fromm as a QB that would never make it, and boy I'm gonna laugh when some sucker team wastes a pick on a guy with no arm and no accuracy. My bitterness comes from the amount of **** I've been taking from said friends since the Bills were the ones who selected him, not because I'm rooting against a Buffalo Bills player.

I wonder how many on here have watched UGA play a game this year. Fromm was not the same QB as he was in previous years. As a UGA fan I will say Fromm is a great leader, hard worker and as smart as any QB around. With that being said Fromm does not have a strong arm and struggled throwing the ball in bad (rainy) weather. I often wondered if he was injured this year as a lot of his balls hit the dirt before getting to the receivers where that wasn’t an issue in the past. I will add Fromm seemed to regress as a player but I do believe much of his issues was with pressure from UGA fans. However, in the right system he can be a decent QB but I don’t think he will ever be a long term starter. He should be able to unseat Barkley and if he ever has to go in the game upon a Allen injury he will be ready mentally. 

55 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Im happy about the Fromm pick for multiple reasons. 

First and foremost is the value.  This was a stellar pick in that round. 

Second is youth that can be further developed on what is already a great baseline. 

Third, if Allen faulters in anyway be it injury or performance, there is a hungry, capable guy in the pipeline...which is NEVER BAD.  

Die hard Allen fans feel threatened by this pick, so of course to them he's some trashy 5th rounder who will never make it.  The funny thing is they couldn't be more wrong and are blinded by ignorance. 

Fromm was a great pick and time will tell how great it could be. 

I am a die hard Allen fan and am not threatened by the pick I actually love the pick

why? Because we didn’t have to give up a premium pick to get him those picks should imo go to HELPING allen

best of all worlds here

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

I wonder how many on here have watched UGA play a game this year. Fromm was not the same QB as he was in previous years. As a UGA fan I will say Fromm is a great leader, hard worker and as smart as any QB around. With that being said Fromm does not have a strong arm and struggled throwing the ball in bad (rainy) weather. I often wondered if he was injured this year as a lot of his balls hit the dirt before getting to the receivers where that wasn’t an issue in the past. I will add Fromm seemed to regress as a player but I do believe much of his issues was with pressure from UGA fans. However, in the right system he can be a decent QB but I don’t think he will ever be a long term starter. He should be able to unseat Barkley and if he ever has to go in the game upon a Allen injury he will be ready mentally. 

I think Buffalo has done a real good job of getting Barkely's game back on track.

Being a big fan of the QB position I find the Fromm pick a very interesting one and anxious to see how he acclimates to the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

Didn't Fromm lose 5 of his top receivers and have a new OC last season?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

I'm getting that Kelly/Reich vibe with Allen & Fromm.

But, I tend to put the most positive spin imaginable on anything Bills-related.

Getting the same vibe and almost posted as much earlier,

Sweet...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

This doesn’t sound like you’re interested in having any kind of a reasonable discussion. Later

I'm completely interested.  The poster I was rebutting stated, "Fromm comes from a big boy program, has big boy experience, and big boy numbers to back it up."   I simply asked him, "and that means what exactly…and if that's true, why doesn't Fromm just start."  You actually supported my argument by stating "all QBs from everywhere fail a lot."   You then jabbed at me about Wyoming QBs and I rebutted you to stating how many Georgia QBs have had success in the NFL outside of Matt Stafford, to which you have yet to reply.   If Fromm helps the team great, I am all for it.   Many of the best players in NFL history didn't come from big boy programs.  The point I am trying to get across when people fall back on college stats and college programs, is that college success doesn't equate to NFL success.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Didn't Fromm lose 5 of his top receivers and have a new OC last season?

Yes, he did but it’s not like he had chopped liver to work with. He had an experienced TE, Cager was his main go to guy up until he got hurt and Pickens while a freshman was more talented than any receiver UGA ever had since AJ Green. Regardless that had nothing to do with him short arming throws. I hope he does well and makes the active roster but right or wrong there is a reason many UGA fans are happy he left early. I will say while many are happy he left school early most knew he would not be a high draft pick. 

6 hours ago, Draconator said:

And that's the golden point right there. Fromm may have Peterman's arm, but I believe he certainly doesn't have Peterman's brain. He'll make smarter decisions with the ball. 

Isn't that "to be determined"?  The problem, as I perceive it, is that lesser-armed QB can get away with throws in college that they can't, in the NFL.  Even Josh Allen has had to learn "nope.nope.nope, can't fit that in there"

So the question with a college QB is always, will he figure that out, and adjust to the throws he can make in the NFL, or won't he?

Peterman apparently could not.  Though I guess we could still see him again?

14 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

Yes, he did but it’s not like he had chopped liver to work with. He had an experienced TE, Cager was his main go to guy up until he got hurt and Pickens while a freshman was more talented than any receiver UGA ever had since AJ Green. Regardless that had nothing to do with him short arming throws. I hope he does well and makes the active roster but right or wrong there is a reason many UGA fans are happy he left early. I will say while many are happy he left school early most knew he would not be a high draft pick. 

Didn't his accuracy drop off about halfway through the season?   Did Fromm perhaps have some kind of injury he was trying to play through?

1 hour ago, Iverwig said:

Lets be real.....there is a reason WHY Fromm coming from a big school and championship games fell to the 5th round

And

Lets be real....that is great for us

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Isn't that "to be determined"?  The problem, as I perceive it, is that lesser-armed QB can get away with throws in college that they can't, in the NFL.  Even Josh Allen has had to learn "nope.nope.nope, can't fit that in there"

So the question with a college QB is always, will he figure that out, and adjust to the throws he can make in the NFL, or won't he?

Peterman apparently could not.  Though I guess we could still see him again?

Didn't his accuracy drop off about halfway through the season?   Did Fromm perhaps have some kind of injury he was trying to play through?

Some program insiders said he had a tired arm but it could have been a combination of that and Cager being hurt. Whenever Cager played that is who Fromm locked in on but when Cager was hurt he was horrible. The odd thing is Fromm was known to pass the ball around to multiple receivers but last year was a different case. 

9 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Deshaun Watson: 45 mph...

Quit this Peterman-rag-arm talk. Fromm's arm is decent, and he has more than enough arm strength to be an NFL backup; probably plenty even to be a starter, if you consider Watson's MPH.

#getwoke #scienceiscool #watchingtapeiscooltoo #numbersareimportant

Cut Davis Webb. 3 QBs on the roster (two extra spots; one for Fromm/Barkley, and the other for an extra OL).

Based on the signings they've made, I'll be surprised if there's not an extra defensive lineman too, so that could take the 2nd extra roster spot instead.

• Like (+1) 1