Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

2 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

What is your arguement here? That nobody throws sideline out routes in the short to intermediate range??

Seems dumb! As has already been pointed out you would throw these plays in even just to insure the defense has to cover it. Playing games witbout ever having this in your arsenal would be seriously stupid. 

The flat was invented as a zone for no reason bro.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

What is your arguement here? That nobody throws sideline out routes in the short to intermediate range??

Seems dumb! As has already been pointed out you would throw these plays in even just to insure the defense has to cover it. Playing games witbout ever having this in your arsenal would be seriously stupid.

I'm talking about plays like the one at 1:03 here:

20 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Bills still need a LB.

Agreed, but I feel like McBeane have Vosean Joseph in their back pocket. He was stashed on IR last year because we were worried he wouldn't clear waivers and get to the P.S. May not pan out, but he's in the mix, at least. Tyrel Dodson, as well. They must like their chances, between those two.

9 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Agreed, but I feel like McBeane have Vosean Joseph in their back pocket. He was stashed on IR last year because we were worried he wouldn't clear waivers and get to the P.S. May not pan out, but he's in the mix, at least. Tyrel Dodson, as well. They must like their chances, between those two.

I think them passing on a guy like Baun or other prospects early means they're happy with who they have.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I think them passing on a guy like Baun or other prospects early means they're happy with who they have.

Yep. There's got to be more behind the Baun fall. He is undersized, but maybe there's more to the diluted drug test than us pleebs have heard about. H.I.P.P.A. has some protections for things like that leaking out. Wouldn't be surprised if there's fire where there's smoke. 

Just now, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Yep. There's got to be more behind the Baun fall. He is undersized, but maybe there's more to the diluted drug test than us pleebs have heard about. H.I.P.P.A. has some protections for things like that leaking out. Wouldn't be surprised if there's fire where there's smoke. 

True that could explain not taking Baun/his draft fall.  But there were other options.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Deep balls aren't really the indicator of NFL arm strength. The question is whether he can throw a 12 yard out fast enough to not get jumped for a pick 6. It's a valid question, and I believe he's on the fringe. There are many QB's who have gained arm strength after getting into the league. That's why I bump his ceiling up to a Cousins type. If he can gain that ball velocity he could be a gem.

you make a good point re velocity— QBs can gain velocity, including through improving on  throwing mechanics. Brees and Brady increased their velocity.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Some Facts about the “WEAK ARM” hmmmmm

Deshaun Watson: 45 mph...

Quit this Peterman-rag-arm talk. Fromm's arm is decent, and he has more than enough arm strength to be an NFL backup; probably plenty even to be a starter, if you consider Watson's MPH.

#getwoke #scienceiscool #watchingtapeiscooltoo #numbersareimportant

21 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So who has a stronger arm Barkley or Fromm??  To me that's the biggest question.  And will they keep all three on the active roster.  Doubt you could cut Fromm and slip him to PS.  Or do they cut Barkley in September?

Cut Davis Webb. 3 QBs on the roster (two extra spots; one for Fromm/Barkley, and the other for an extra OL).

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Deshaun Watson: 45 mph...

Quit this Peterman-rag-arm talk. Fromm's arm is decent, and he has more than enough arm strength to be an NFL backup; probably plenty even to be a starter, if you consider Watson's MPH.

#getwoke #scienceiscool #watchingtapeiscooltoo #numbersareimportant

This ball velocity thing is meaningless for whatever reason. Peterman was 49 mph. You just need to watch the tape.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I'm talking about plays like the one at 1:03 here:

That’s not an out route, it’s a poorly run hitch route that should have never been thrown to.

Nate stares down the receiver the ENTIRE time, and the DB is squatting in the flat in between the receiver and the ball. He makes a great play on the ball, but that throw wasn’t ever there. Maybe Josh can hurtle it in there before the DB jumps it but I think it’s a pick six or PBU regardless of who is throwing it. The stare down is HORRIFIC. The backside S basically gets there before the ball has reached its target, let alone the DB who is already there.

God, Peterman sucks so bad.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, pop gun said:

My hope is Fromm comes in shows well as a backup/preseason for a couple years and the Bills can peddle him off for a high draft pick, ala Jimmy G. to San Francisco. 

Absolutely,

All part of the process...

I believe in Josh Allen. He has all the tools. He just has to put them all together now. He has always been a 3 year project.

With that being said, Fromm will push #17. Mark this post. 

Fromm comes from a big boy program, has big boy experience, and big boy numbers to back it up.

I can not freakin believe we got him in the 5th round. I'm still shocked.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, McBean said:

I believe in Josh Allen. He has all the tools. He just has to put them all together now. He has always been a 3 year project.

With that being said, Fromm will push #17. Mark this post. 

Fromm comes from a big boy program, has big boy experience, and big boy numbers to back it up.

I can not freakin believe we got him in the 5th round. I'm still shocked.

and that exactly means what?  Because a quick google search will show you tons of QBs from big boy programs, with big boy experience, and big boy numbers have flamed out quickly in the NFL.  If you what you say is true, then start Fromm now and quit wasting everyone's time.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

and that exactly means what?  Because a quick google search will show you tons of QBs from big boy programs, with big boy experience, and big boy numbers have flamed out quickly in the NFL.  If you what you say is true, then start Fromm now and quit wasting everyone's time.

How many google searches will it take to show a Wyoming QB who succeeded in the NFL?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

How many google searches will it take to show a Wyoming QB who succeeded in the NFL?

More searches than licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Why even throw a 10-12 yard out?  Most of the time they're incomplete, often they're picked-off, and at best you're looking at a minimal gain.  That's what frustrated me about Peterman.  He'd keep throwing them just to gain a couple yards.

Was that Peterman or the OC?

16 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

It means we got him for a 5th rd pick and a steal basically per numerous media outlets. I'm not sure why Bills fan are bashing the pick? Especially at the QB position that we have neglected for so long. 

All you can do is roll the dice and hope for Brady 2.0. I'm happy with the pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Was that Peterman or the OC?

Good question.  I think someone else said that it appeared that Peterman went with whatever his pre-read told him to go.  Then again, having that route in there allows for it to be utilized.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Good question.  I think someone else said that it appeared that Peterman went with whatever his pre-read told him to go.  Then again, having that route in there allows for it to be utilized.

Not every route is the primary or secondary read. Peterman consistently made decisions his arm couldn’t cash. Bad decisions + bad arm = pick city.

4 hours ago, pop gun said:

My hope is Fromm comes in shows well as a backup/preseason for a couple years and the Bills can peddle him off for a high draft pick, ala Jimmy G. to San Francisco. 

My hope is that Fromm becomes the best QB to ever play in the NFL and then we trade Allen for three 1st rounders and then win 10 Super Bowls.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1