Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

I see a lot of Fromm. I think he will have a long career (injuries excepted) as an NFL backup. Intelligent and accurate. Can read defenses. 

Rag arm for downfield passes. 

Now, in no way am I equating the two, but wan't Brady considered to have a bit of a rag arm when he was drafted? I know he had no deep ball then. Maybe he can teach Allen some things, and Allen can teach him a few. Not expecting him to be a mad bomber or anything. But you are right, Josh is WAY more talented.

Or maybe the Bills can get something for him down the line.

take a look at his highlights  he throws far downfield

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TwistofFate said:

A better skill-set than incredibly accurate, incredibly smart, and an incredible winner in the toughest division in college.....um okay

I don't care about rocket arms and running.  I care about intelligence, accuracy, and processing of information.  

The problem is that you can also describe Tim Couch, Danny Wuerffel, and A.J. McCarron the same way.  Smart guys who lacked talent.

You could have even said that about Barkley, who was a 4th rounder.

In the end, it's a fifth round QB.  It was a luxury pick.  It's not the next coming of Brady, or Pennington.  It's a guy who is going to struggle to beat out Barkley to be the 2nd string QB.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, stuvian said:

Drew Brees says Hi

There was never any question that Brees did not possess adequate arm strength. He just didn't have a strong arm. He was the equivalent of a first round pick though, because there was no question. If there was he would have fallen to the 4-6 like all those guys do. 

Just now, Mango said:

If you look at my post history, I am not sold on Allen being worth a $30M+ contract. But he’s proven himself the starter until he either tanks or proves he’s worth that kind of money. 

Not really worried by it. 

I like seeing the organization have that  '' next - man - up ''  mentality.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MarkyMannn said:

Funny! A thread about a fifth round QB picked 5 hours ago will soon have more pages than our first pick made 2 days ago

Well in fairness that pick and the Moss pick were no doubt home runs. Not a whole to say other than “HELL YES!”

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

take a look at his highlights  he throws far downfield

I don't need to look at highlights, as I happen to see a lot of Bulldog football down here. I'm not saying he cannot throw a deep ball, but he has limited arm strength. And while I'm not totally enamored with the "underwear Olympics", his performance there sort of exposed that. 

With that said, I think that was a particularly bad day for him. But the guy does not have a cannon for an arm. Like some others have mentioned, maybe he becomes a Fitz or a Reich

• Like (+1) 1

Might be my favorite pick. You absolutely should draft QBs even if you believe you have one. 

A. You need a backup

B. It puts pressure on Allen. If you preach competition, you need competition. From has a different skillset than Allen does and he should be able to push Allen in those areas at least. 

C. If the guy shows anything at all, you either have a backup on a good contract or trade bait. Options which has been beane's MO. Give himself as many options as possible.

• Like (+1) 2