Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, keep flipping through. My main issue is the people that will be screaming for him. He’s strictly a backup. If everyone can agree with that we are cool. I was preparing for the “Brady was a 6th rounder” and “he’s better than Josh.” They’ve both come already. He’s not. He has a chance to be a decent backup. That was a need. It was good value for that.

Or Montana, Unitas, Warner, etc. I mean why even have the draft? They should just call you and you can dole out the picks.

Edited by BullBuchanan

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Fields is still playing and is a WAY better player than Fromm. 

More chances to throw brutal picks and lose in the CFB playoff? Wonderful.

Does Braxton Miller have eligibility left?

Edited by FireChans
  • Haha (+1) 1

Fromm is definitely a better Qb than Peterman was or will ever be. I'm a huge Bulldogs fan  and I've always liked Fromm. He lost a ton of talent to the draft last year but still did a solid job. He will make an excellent back up for Josh. Love the pick!

9 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

It happens. I had a 2nd round grade on him. He’s accurate and while he doesn’t have a cannon he can still hit those 10 - 20 - 30yd throws with ease which happens to make up a large part of being an NFL QB. Calling him Peterman though? Why? Peterman was the worst QB to ever suit up for the Bills. That level of pessimistic negativity is unwarranted simply because they were both drafted in the 5th round. Give the kid a chance.

I have said that I think he can be (and will be) the backup. It was a good value pick at the time. The Peterman argument isn’t fair but I do think that both players lack the ability to make NFL throws outside of the numbers.

I’m a realist when it comes to the Bills. I will never (and have never) blindly praised them or unfairly criticized them. My criticism of starting Peterman at the time was warranted. My defending Josh’s development is equally as warranted.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

Development QB that could turn into long term backup for Allen.  Don't forget the expanded roster size, meaning keeping a 3rd QB is more likely.  The fact that we are able to make luxury picks with a long term view is a great indicator of how far Beane has come in the roster building process in the last couple years.  Chances are whatever other position player at this level of draft would likely have a hard time making roster.  

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If you want to place a wager, I will bet you every single dime that I own that Justin Fields is drafted before the 5th round. If you believe what you are spitting out here stand behind it

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, keep flipping through. My main issue is the people that will be screaming for him. He’s strictly a backup. If everyone can agree with that we are cool. I was preparing for the “Brady was a 6th rounder” and “he’s better than Josh.” They’ve both come already. He’s not. He has a chance to be a decent backup. That was a need. It was good value for that.

I agree with you Kirby. Hopefully if he has to fill in for a few games if Josh gets hurt and he looks good, we could possibly flip him to a QB needy team for a first or second later. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have said that I think he can be (and will be) the backup. It was a good value pick at the time. The Peterman argument isn’t fair but I do think that both players lack the ability to make NFL throws outside of the numbers.

I’m a realist when it comes to the Bills. I will never (and have never) blindly presided them or unfairly criticized them. My criticism of starting Peterman at the time was warranted. My defending Josh’s development is equally as warranted.

Ok, we agree on 2/3 things. Let’s call it a day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

A guy who understands coverages and has an understanding of when to give up on a play, rather than always trying to be a hero, will be a nice change of pace. Now, can he get the ball to where he wants to before the coverage does is the obvious dilemma. His football IQ and Josh's talent and we have the best QB in the league.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Fields is a better pure QB than Braxton Miller. And one game doesn't change that.  He's also more physically talented than Fromm and it ain't close.