Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...and yet if you talk to UGA fans they think and thought that was insanity. There isn’t one sane person in the US that thinks Fromm is a better QB than Fields (who will be a top 2 pick).

Fromm isn’t going to all of a sudden become talented. His ceiling is low. He has a chance to carve out a career as a backup (and a good chance). He is not in any way, shape or form pushing Allen.

What exactly has Allen done so far to cement himself as a franchise player? He's had ups and downs, but his future in this league is far from certain.

Just now, Augie said:

Hey! I though my records were sealed!

P.S. - why did a concert break out during the NFL draft? 

Your secret is safe with us...for now.

Ryan Seacrest hacked in to air some 'American Idol' auditions.

FWIW, I think that he will bring value in the QB room. Fromm is smart and competitive. It’s not bad value at this point. My objection is to those that will get carried away with the “championship level QB from UGA.” He’s a backup in the NFL (and has a chance to be a good one). The question is, “is he Aaron Murray?” “Is he Chase Daniels?” “Is he AJ McCarron?” The question is not “is he Tom Brady?” “Is he Joe Montana?”

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Best pick so far. I don't know if he'll be good, but until we find a franchise QB we have to keep looking. I'm relieved to know that OBD understands this.

Unsure why the laughter on this one. Some are on the Josh is the guy side of the fence, others are on the skeptical side. Either way I think he is should be pragmatically looked as shown signs but not proven side. 

It is not like the FO took a guy in the second. It’s a 5th and of no completion to JA. Barkley should be worried in the 2021 season though. Also Webb is toast. 

Just now, FireChans said:

I guess Beane disagrees. The guy who picked Josh Allen, remember? 

And the guy who drafted Petermann, and signed McCarron, and blah, blah blah.

It's a 5th round pick, he can make a mistake.  It's not going to break anything.

Just don't see the logic of replacing Barkley with a Barkley clone without the experience.

1 minute ago, Perry Turtle said:

And the guy who drafted Petermann, and signed McCarron, and blah, blah blah.

It's a 5th round pick, he can make a mistake.  It's not going to break anything.

Just don't see the logic of replacing Barkley with a Barkley clone without the experience.

Can Fromm play air guitar?