Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Ball velocity is probably the least accurate stat, if you can even call it that. There are endless examples of guys with lousy arms throwing mph as hard as guys with huge arms. Every year at the combine. It's worthless.

I agree putting some numbers to the weak arm narrative at all. 

was graded as Rd. 1 a few years ago, I think.  

prob better than Barkley as a backup.  

I think we had a need at CB, OL, and LB depth.  So this pick tells me the Bills like him and aren't sold on Barkely as the backup solution.  

Wow, some TBDers must be nervous for Josh Allen. I’ve never seen such a dedicated campaign to tear down a late Bills pick. Tanner Vallejo didn’t catch nearly this amount of flak. Hopefully you all get your wish and he sucks and gets cut, I guess. I hope he’s a good QB.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Mel mentioned that he's always been pro-Allen, but with his play style the backup QB is an important position. Louis agreed and said QB2 is a top-30 position on the 53 man roster in terms of importance. They had dissenting opinions on how much the combine impacted him; he was Mel's top ranked guy by far and he mentioned that performing right after Eason made his arm stick out in a more negative manner, whereas Riddick said that seeing guys on the same playing field justifies what scouts should think about them relative to others. Both questioned the fit (cliches about Buffalo weather), but like his cerebral ability and shot to develop into a solid backup for us.

If anyone should be threatened, it’s Barkley....and I doubt that’s even this season. That’d down the road a little bit, IF Fromm develops. 

6 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

Who also regressed each year while relying on an excellent running game and defense.

I'm not telling you that he's the next John Elway.   Rather,  I think he's a guy you can count on to come in for two or three games if needed,  not doing anything stupid,  and game-manage his way into wins.