Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I love this pick so much.

He is a an competition machine.  Allen IS our starter, but you can’t tell me that this selection doesn’t put some additional pressure on him.  It pushes him even harder.  

Fromm beat out the higher rated Eason and made him transfer

Fromm beat out the prodigy Fields and made him transfer.  

the kids competes. 

the kid wins.

With Allen due to get paid in a couple years and and still relatively unproven,  Fromm will bring the best out of Allen.  Fromm, watching allen throw lasers all around the field, will likely improve his velocity

yes, he has a lot of work to do as a QB, but he has time.  You can’t teach the stuff that he brings to the table.  

You also can't un-teach ragarmitis.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone else watch the QB1 reality show with Fromm (and Tate Martell, etc) following them through their senior season in HS? Obviously it was a few years ago. 

yeah i brought it up a few pages ago. Ive been following him ever since. If u havent watched it its a must watch now. Will give anyone a good idea on who he is... even tho its from when he was in highschool.

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I thought GMs were supposed to draft a QB every year. Saw it on the board...

Well yeah, but they’re supposed to draft a prototype, day-one ready QB every year......in the fifth round.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Are you serious with this, please tell me you're not...please 

Totally.

Fromm doesn't have a better skillset than Barkley.  Barkley has experience in the NFL and the Bills offense.

Come preseason, Barkley will be the obvious 2nd string QB, and Fromm will have more value as a trade asset than the emergency QB.

Always remember and never forget: arm strength is the only, and I mean only, relevant or significant measurable when you assess how good a quarterback is! Nothing else.....and I mean nothing else.....matters!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1