Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

7 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

PFF is gonna say Fromm should be the starter. Maybe Allen will let him borrow some arm strength.

Nailed it.....the PFF analysis will be that Fromm only makes throws he knows he can complete...Josh is too much of a risk taker and will never get over his accuracy issues..

Edited by JoeF

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Look, he will have a chance to be a backup but his arm talent is bad. He has a lot of intangibles. He’s decent value in the 5th. If people start screaming for him after Josh struggles for a game I’m going to lose my damn mind. 

He's basically Matt Barkley. But he'll be a lot cheaper next year.

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

Barkley's one good game ever has blinded many of us to the need of backup QB. We need to still have a chance of a season if Allen ever goes down. Fromm is a smart distributor of the ball and has a chance to be a good backup. No chance to ever be the starter. Nothing wrong with that. 

Barkley certainly sucks but what is Fromm’s upside really? Seems like if things go well then maybe he’s another Barkley. 

Look, he will have a chance to be a backup but his arm talent is bad. He has a lot of intangibles. He’s decent value in the 5th. If people start screaming for him after Josh struggles for a game I’m going to lose my damn mind. 

I think his arm looks a lot stronger than what he did at Combine 

• Like (+1) 3

Jake Fromm will be able to come in and run the offense for a few drives a year if Allen gets his bell rung, that’s pretty much all we need.

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bills are checking all the boxes for me.

A 21 year old DE to improve the aging DE rotation, check.

A productive RB to pair with Singletary, check.

A productive WR with some size, without giving up all speed. 

Now a QB from a major program to compete with Barkley. I really like this pick. 

Our depth across the board is improving, with three picks on offense.

The Bills still need a LB.

I was thinking same but wonder if they go with a Safety to use as a big Nickel. Any LB we get now is unlikely to be much help this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BaaadThingsMan said:

If he develops into a career backup who can win a couple games in case of injury and contribute to film study then its a success. He wasn't drafted to be a franchise QB.

THIS!!!  

Please stop with the “ He’s gonna push Josh” talk.

He has Peterman’s arm. He could be a good back up. This is what we need to hope for.

• Like (+1) 3