Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Honestly, I think they have to make Josh work out.  I don't see any good scenarios where Josh doesn't work out and they promote Fromm to starter.  Too early to talk plan 'B' at QB.

I dunno, NFL moves pretty fast these days. You don’t get 5-10 years to develop guys anymore. McBeane might find their job security doesn’t last that long. It’s smart from their POV to try and groom a second guy. 

Edited by VW82

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I do agree here and actually think Fromm can fill that role. I went with gross because I knew that we’d have some people talking about him being better than Josh!! Ha ha, he is a career backup and could fill that role. He lacks physical talent though. 

Floor - Nate Peterman

Ceiling - Chase Daniel?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

If he had a good combine he would’ve been considered higher by teams looking for a starter. I think the bills see him as a backup. The value fits there if so. 

Nothing wrong with starting your adult life as a 10 year backup in the NFL. It sure makes the next 50+  years easier! 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Watch them play and don’t read stats. Allen is 2,000,000,000,000,000x better than Fromm. He has a rag arm. If you were a fan of what Peterman brought you’ll love Fromm!!

you owe me a "you were right" as per our bet of 18-14, offense-defense first round.

Edited by WorstTEever81
spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

Bills are checking all the boxes for me.

A 21 year old DE to improve the aging DE rotation, check.

A productive RB to pair with Singletary, check.

A productive WR with some size, without giving up all speed. 

Now a QB from a major program to compete with Barkley. I really like this pick. 

Our depth across the board is improving, with three picks on offense.

The Bills still need a LB.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Make Trent Edwards look like a Deep Ball Thrower. 

Serious though I wanted a QB in this draft. 

Look, he will have a chance to be a backup but his arm talent is bad. He has a lot of intangibles. He’s decent value in the 5th. If people start screaming for him after Josh struggles for a game I’m going to lose my damn mind. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Barkley's one good game ever has blinded many of us to the need of backup QB. We need to still have a chance of a season if Allen ever goes down. Fromm is a smart distributor of the ball and has a chance to be a good backup. No chance to ever be the starter. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Like (+1) 3