Rd 4, Pick 128: WR Gabriel Davis UCF

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Thanks. I highly recommend Bleacher Report’s live draft show with Matt Miller and Chris Simms, too. It’ll be up on YouTube for a few days after the draft, too, so you can go back through and watch their analysis on Bills picks.

Got to like his positives within the context of team needs. It also seems that he’s very coachable and that some of his negatives can be improved on to make him actually quite versatile. Seems like a process guy.

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It would appear route running is his biggest weakness, which is great cause he will be sitting behind 3 great route runners, learning from them. 

Exactly right.  He played in what I thought was a pretty limited offense (I saw several of his games).  He ran the routes that the plays called for.  He played under control, was physical, and has very good hands.  He gets off the line of scrimmage and down the field.  He will be an upgrade of the WR depth but will need to be coached up.

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

never get on the field  We saw it last year with Duke.  I agree we need to develop more wrs  Does Yeldon ever play now with Moss added?

Ok so?  He will get on the field as well watch. But with a truncated offseason I have a feeling fans are going to be very upset at the performance of their rookies this year. 

19 minutes ago, DFT said:

I scouted UCF.  I would have taken AGG personally.  But he’s talented, no question.  I worry about him being able to escape NFL CBs.  

I have watched a lot of UCF. Wish he would have stayed one more year...but i agree with everything you posted.  Would liked to have seen Milton throw to him.  Not sure how he will adjust but he does seem to use his size to go get the ball pretty well.

• Like (+1) 1

Seems like a good pick. I liked AGG as well but Davis played against solid competition and was  very productive.  No one gets too much separation in the NFL.  DBs are too good.  This guy can get down the field, win some one on one battles and high point the ball.  Sounds good to me.