Rd 4, Pick 128: WR Gabriel Davis UCF

I predict that Davis's first three years in Buffalo will look a lot like those of another 6 foot 2 WR from the Bills past: Eric Moulds.

A couple of 200+ yard seasons while he hones his craft, followed by a breakout 1,000+ yard season in year 3, when he takes over full time as our starting X receiver. I'm not saying he is as good as Eric Moulds right now, obviously. He has the physical talent to be a good receiver in this league, though, and a couple seasons of learning the finer points of route running from some of the NFL's best in Diggs, Beasley, and Brown will do him wonders.

So it is written, and so it shall be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just bought a townhome.

My property taxes are $1,000 annually.

But.... a big butt....my HOA fees are $300 a month.

That’s ok.  It keeps out the dirtbags.  

My personal pre draft Gabriel Davis breakdown

Gabriel Davis WR

Strengths

• A physical receiver who imposes his will on cornerbacks

• Uses his excellent strength to box out defenders

• Has natural hands which pluck the ball quite naturally

• Fights for contested balls with strong hands

• Has good speed if afforded a runway

• Uses size and strength as a willing run blocker 

• Shows a solid catch radius with outstretched arms

Weakness

• Was asked to run a limited route tree

• Initial acceleration is average and could use some improvement 

• Could focus to improve YAC ability

Summary 

Davis is a physical receiver who excelled on deep routes and along the sideline. Consistently won down the field with his excellent deep ball awareness and tracking. Davis is proficient in hiding his double moves as he consistently keeps cornerbacks guessing. Shows good route intelligence with ability for his route tree to sprout and grow. Has all the physical traits required to develop into a solid WR 2 at the NFL level. 

Comparison 

Michael Floyd

This kid has drive to be the best. He knows what other receivers can do and will work his butt off to constantly get better. He may not be the best at separation but he'll  be among the best at finishing.  I'll be surprised if he isn't playing on Sundays. 

Go Bills!

20 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think this is our 4th reciever when we go 4 wide- he is strong when one on one and if the D tries to cover him with a 5 10 nickel he will be difficult to cover.

And in a no huddle teams tend to get trapped in coverage mis-matches like this.  NE would always do this and identify the mismatch with Gronk.