Rd 4, Pick 128: WR Gabriel Davis UCF

53 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I had Davis above both. Only just above DPJ but a round ahead of Gandy-Golden.

? - just curious if there was something about him that stood out to you in particular, beyond the other guys? 

Admittedly didn’t watch his film as much, and only just now digging in.

Just now, ctk232 said:

? - just curious if there was something about him that stood out to you in particular, beyond the other guys? 

Admittedly didn’t watch his film as much, and only just now digging in.

He makes plays. He understand leverage, he tracks the football and balls that hit his hands stay in his hands. AGG and DPJ are probably better athletes. But they haven't shown me they can play football as well as Gabe Davis. I have no problem with someone saying about one of the other two "they are not as good now but their ceiling is still higher" but when you put the tape on and ask who is a better football player right here, right now? It's Davis.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I would like to know what People think a Big WR is?

Probably Calvin Johnson. LoL.  Folks focus too much on listed height when they should be focused on play style.  Diggs is 6'0", but he plays "big".  Steve Smith is 5'9", but he played big too.  They go get the rock under any circumstances, coverage be damned.   Plenty of 6'2 - 6'4" receivers don't play big.  Bills fans have seen our share of that.

Gonna be tough for Foster, McKenzie and Duke to make this team. The 6th rounder guy likely hits the practice squad, but Davis will be on the 53. Duke made a few plays but he projects as a very similar player to Davis. He or foster may end up on PS as well. 

Gonna come down to camp obviously, but McKenzie's quickness isn't replaced by any of these guys, and he's a solid jet motion guy who's quick and hard to tackle.  

• Like (+1) 1