Rd 4, Pick 128: WR Gabriel Davis UCF

This could be a crazy thought, but I wouldn’t mind us going WR again in the 5th-7th. Lets stack options for Josh and hedge Davis not working out.

CB/S and O-Line is fine too, but I like having options in the event of injury. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Rigotz said:

This could be a crazy thought, but I wouldn’t mind us going WR again in the 5th-7th. Lets stack options for Josh and hedge Davis not working out.

CB/S and O-Line is fine too, but I like having options in the event of injury. 

I don’t think they are done adding WRs or Weapons for Josh before or after this draft. ?

1 minute ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I don't know that many people were familiar with a wideout from Kutztown State when he was picked in the 4th a few years ago.  Yet  he ended up in the HOF.  

Chris Burkett? ?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Not sure the Comparison you are trying to make 

I was just joking because TO tweeted at McBeane and the Bills a few weeks ago, saying he’d be a nice addition in the resldzone. Ie good hands, good size, and high point the balls.  Also reports are/were he is having trouble driving off of his left foot so he is slow in and out of some of his breaks...sorta similar to your write up.

Mostly tongue and cheek.

Based upon the limited ESPN video, his route tree seems to consist of “Go Long!”

But we can use someone who can high point those balls now, while he’s learning to refine his game. 

19 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Not disagreeing with you - it's clear he did, just wondering why.

Right, I get how it happened, but just curious why Davis might edge the other two. I liked Peoples-Jones and Gandy, but don't hate this pick in the least either - all for it, just wondering why we may have gone this route versus others still on the board given what info is out there. Trying to look more into Davis, but wondering what stood out about him more than others if the physical part of the game is what people are saying he's known for. 

I think his toughness

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I would like to know what People think a Big WR is?

I’d say big WR is 6’2” 215 lbs, if you’re thinking 6’4”+ 220+ lbs , the term big I don’t think fits.

Id say 6’4”+ 220+ would be considered “Huge”, Megatron was Huge. Julio Jones is Big.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

never get on the field  We saw it last year with Duke.  I agree we need to develop more wrs  Does Yeldon ever play now with Moss added?

If you are good enough then you play.  If Duke wasn’t playing - or even dressing for games - then maybe, just maybe, he is not that good.  

Many rookie WR’s see limited action.  

This kid could be our #4, with upside, and with red zone possibilities, and maybe even a gunner in punts.