Rd 4, Pick 128: WR Gabriel Davis UCF

24 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

Damn, and Gandy Golden Just sitting there..

That’s definitely who I wanted. 6-4 limited route tree but snags all the contested catches plus he is a mega mind. Only started playing football late as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Ok so?  He will get on the field as well watch. But with a truncated offseason I have a feeling fans are going to be very upset at the performance of their rookies this year. 

Likely you are correct  Rookies will have tough time.  If the wheels fall off on Brown the 2021 FA WR class as of right now is juicy

Walter football has him as the 12th WR.

Gabriel Davis*, WR, Central Florida
Height: 6-2. Weight: 216. Arm: 32.25. Hand: 9.25.
40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2020): 2-4.

4/21/20: Davis is a prospect who generated some buzz in the scouting community and impressed for Central Florida. He has a good build and mismatch size. In 2019, Davis totaled 72 receptions for 1,241 yards with 12 touchdowns. He also produced well as a sophomore (53-815-7). Davis displayed big ability in 2019, putting his draft stock on the map. He helped himself with a solid combine performance

They have Hamler as #10,  Shenault as #11 and Pittman as #13

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020WR.php

Edited 20 minutes ago by maryland-bills-fan
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Exactly right.  He played in what I thought was a pretty limited offense (I saw several of his games).  He ran the routes that the plays called for.  He played under control, was physical, and has very good hands.  He gets off the line of scrimmage and down the field.  He will be an upgrade of the WR depth but will need to be coached up.

Beane better know something the rest of the world doesn't because that was about as curious a pic as I've ever seen.

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I watch him a ton as a UCF season ticket holder. 

Size Speed. Not great out of breaks (so not much separation). Good hands. Physical and high points well. When UCF needed a play he is who they looked at. Limited route tree though. Out classes most competitors but will need developing to succeed in NFL

So basically 46 year old Terrell Owens? 

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The final stake in Foster's heart (and likely Duke's as well).    Sort of a one trick deep threat, but also a good blocker so I'll be watching how he fits in the running game.

I wanted Gandy-Golden, which likely is now a no-go.  But we shall see...

Mc Beane talked to Golden gandy more than any other prospect. He’s just a project, must have been deemed too much of a project. Still available which says it all. Peoples is the same without the college production

It’s extremely clear, between Diggs and Davis, that improving the deep game is a priority.

A big, fast, physical receiver who needs to improve his route running but gets to learn from Diggs and Beasley? Can contribute on special teams, as a deep threat, and blocking right away? Yes please.

Oh, and this:  “effort isn’t a question. Coaches gush about his work ethic and dedication to improvement”. This is my shocked face. ?

• Like (+1) 1