Rd 4, Pick 128: WR Gabriel Davis UCF

Just now, Bob in STL said:

Maybe the Director Equipment Management, a good friend of Kelly Pegula, convinced Kim “no long hyphenated names”.  A solid cost cutting measure.  

Or, it could be because Beane wanted this guy? 

After the spelling mishaps with the Sabre's Alumni jerseys probs for the best....clearly Beane wanted the guy, and that's good with me, just wondering why is all.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Just logged into the ESPN feed, they're like 6 picks behind the NFL tracker which is 6 picks behind twitter... 

They also talked about Fromm for 10 minutes and had a country music performance instead of even MENTIONING the Bills pick. It’s infuriating.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Did you know Jerry Rice, Andre Reed and Eric Moulds were 6'2"?

You folks need to get grip on this size fantasy.

6'2" is more than FINE.

Jerry Rice caught 92 passes w the raiders at age 40 in 2002. freakky.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

Damn, and Gandy Golden Just sitting there..

Real Draftniks—anyone help us with Davis v. Gandy-Golden?  I’m trusting McB but heard a lot about Gandy-Golden with size (which Davis has) and big upside.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If you draft Donovan you’re drafting on his high school potential much like Cam Akers cause he was the third receiver at Michigan 

What? Cam Akers has 2 1,000 yard season in college with the worst power 5 offensive line in the country

Another thing about him being a Local kid I know about his personal life too. - We all know this because Beane and McD made the pick but. 

he really is a good kid. From Sanford stayed home at UCF. Very polite kid humble engaging to anyone that wanted to talk to him on campus. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

They also talked about Fromm for 10 minutes and had a country music performance instead of even MENTIONING the Bills pick. It’s infuriating.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-draft-live-tracker-picks-by-team-grades-analysis-order-start-time-for-round-4/live/

Just got put onto this from another poster. Much better. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Not disagreeing with you - it's clear he did, just wondering why.

Right, I get how it happened, but just curious why Davis might edge the other two. I liked Peoples-Jones and Gandy, but don't hate this pick in the least either - all for it, just wondering why we may have gone this route versus others still on the board given what info is out there. Trying to look more into Davis, but wondering what stood out about him more than others if the physical part of the game is what people are saying he's known for. 

Probably because he’s faster

Just now, biggerdaddynj said:

Real Draftniks—anyone help us with Davis v. Gandy-Golden?  I’m trusting McB but heard a lot about Gandy-Golden with size (which Davis has) and big upside.  

I’m confused by the confusion. Gandy-Golden and Peoples-Jones sound better suited as a WWE tag team partners.