Rd 4, Pick 128: WR Gabriel Davis UCF

1 minute ago, ctk232 said:

If the argument is for a physical receiver, why not Gandy? And for that matter, why not Peoples-Jones?

Not saying this is a bad pick, but why not the others?

Because they had Davis rated higher.  Answer is simple

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

Damn, and Gandy Golden Just sitting there..

Guessing Bills wanted someone faster that could create more separation. Size is important but our front office learned that it doesnt matter if the receiver is slow. Gabe is a bit faster than AGG. Both are beasts tho

Just now, whatdrought said:

It would appear route running is his biggest weakness, which is great cause he will be sitting behind 3 great route runners, learning from them. 

yes that is his problem. Small route tree and slow in and out of breaks because of lacking knowledge on the nuances of route running. Played in college relying on his god given ability. 

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Did you know Jerry Rice, Andre Reed and Eric Moulds were 6'2"?

You folks need to get grip on this size fantasy.

6'2" is more than FINE.

?

I'm fine with it. Nowhere did I complain. I'm just pointing out that 6'2 is not physically imposing and in no way should be considered as having size at the WR position.

If he produces, who cares. Right?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yes. Without question.

thats why I said the only guys hating this pick are any current Bills WR NOT named Diggs,Beasley or Brown lol...this was that warning shot across the bow saying....we got this guy because we need more from the 4th WR back/down...AkA be ready to put in some work!!!!

Edited by CBennett
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

like the player, seems likes big, angry type WR w/ good hands.... but seems a bit early with the CB's and OT's still on the board.  I would have preferred him in the next round, esp. w/ our WR room so full.  

good point--they musta really liked him and didnt want to risk it

• Like (+1) 1

Called this pick in the other thread...love it!!

As a UCF alum, I have watched him dominate for two seasons...big physical guy, and a hands-catcher with a huge catch radius.

This guy is exactly what the Bills WR group needed!

Go Beane!!!

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Rick 'r Mortis said:

?

I'm fine with it. Nowhere did I complain. I'm just pointing out that 6'2 is not physically imposing and in no way should be considered as having size at the WR position.

If he produces, who cares. Right?

It is when you watch how he plays. He is a Physical WR that knows how to shield with body and high points very well. That is physically imposing. 

• Like (+1) 3

I like the pick again.

He has some size without compromising a ton on speed at 4.54.

But keeping with the theme so far with Epenesa and Moss, he has big time college production and is young.

Good job Bills once again.

I think we need a linebacker, but so far check all the boxes for me.

DE, #2 back with pop, and now a larger ball pointing WR with college production, not some project. 

NFL had him as a 4th and that’s where he went, appropriate value.