Reggie Bush: Aaron Rodgers to NE?

21 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Well they would have to send something back to GB. I don't think GB wants to get rid of Rogers this year though. Depending on Loves development, maybe next year or 2022 they might move him.....

They would need to send a ton of salary back, but with the dead cap hit - GB could not accept it.  NE would need to find spots for Gilmore, Thuney, and probably at least one more big salary and GB would absorb nearly 50 million in dead cap - just not going to happen.

I also don’t see it next year as the dead cap is still huge for GB.  This is just a chance to see if Love can grow - they have 4-5 years to develop him and allow Rodgers to lead the team.

This just does nothing at this point because there is just no way without NE and GB both weakening their teams to the point the trade makes no sense.

New England is in Salary Cap Prison right now and Aaron Rodgers is a well paid QB.  New England already lacks good veteran pieces for a complete team.  The numbers just don't add up for a trade.

Stop worrying about what the Patriots might do at QB.

Rodgers isn’t being traded by Green Bay and even if he was, he’s not going to New England.

I’m convinced that Belichick wants to prove he can win with another QB he develops himself (and I don’t think it’ll be a 1st round pick either). I think Stidham is the guy for this year at least.

The fact they didn’t even draft a QB is telling IMO. I think they like Stidham a lot and will give him the opportunity to show he’s their guy of the future. 

On 4/25/2020 at 10:21 AM, John Gianelli said:

I'm hoping this doesn't happen, but I felt an uncomfortable shiver this morning with a premonition that Aaron Rodgers might end up in New England. Then I saw that Reggie Bush was thinking the same thing.

https://clutchpoints.com/patriots-news-reggie-bush-predicts-aaron-rodgers-ends-up-in-new-england/

In 2018, Tom Brady said that if Rodgers were in the New England offense, he'd throw for 7,000 yards. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-apparently-thinks-aaron-rodgers-would-smash-nfl-records-playing-for-the-patriots/

Of course, he would need a receiver or two.

Brady left the Pats partly because of insufficient skilled player help. Aaron Rodgers has been complaining about insufficient skilled player help. Why would Rodgers even consider going to the Pats? The Pats just spent their first three picks on Dugger, Jennings and Uche. Rodgers will have so many more pleasant alternatives with better skilled players. Many of the young QBs may not pan out - jones, Lock, Minshew, Tua, Herbert, even Bridgewater / Rivers - that he will have his pick of the litter. At this point, hard to think a top QB would want to play for the Pats if they have alternatives.

That said, there is a good chance that Belichick will sign Winston after April 27 (so it doesnt adversely affect his comp picks).