Draft Day Winners Going Into Day 3

I think the Panthers have done well. Derrick Brown, Yetur Gross Matos and Jeremy Chinn. And I really hate to say this because I hate the Cowboys but they got Lamb, Diggs and Gallimore. Another A+ draft.

I think Buffalo had a great draft too, right up there with the teams mentioned above. Stefon Diggs, AJ Epenesa and Zack Moss is an absurd assortment  of talent. We essentially got ourselves a top 7-8 WR and a potential Pro Bowl DE who should have went in the middle of RD1. Moss looks like a good player that can shoulder the load with Singletary and would likely be a starter on quite a few teams around the NFL.

I think if I had to grade/rank my top 3 draft winners so far it’d be:

1. Buffalo

2. Dallas

3. Carolina

Those three teams really helped themselves out quite a bit.

No offense but I wouldn’t have the Bills in the “big winner” category. They got a couple of solid players that will help them but you can’t be a big winner without some guys with star potential. We deserve a “B.” 

The winners:

Dallas

Baltimore 

Bucs

Broncos 

Colts

Panthers

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No offense but I wouldn’t have the Bills in the “big winner” category. They got a couple of solid players that will help them but you can’t be a big winner without some guys with star potential. We deserve a “B.” 

The winners:

Dallas

Baltimore 

Bucs

Broncos 

Colts

Panthers

Stefon Diggs has star potential.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The winners:

Dallas

Baltimore 

Bucs

Broncos 

Colts

Panthers

Broncos are kind of an enigma to me, I mean they're not the Raiders, I'm just surprised that pick 1 and 2 were WR.

Baltimore - with the number and quality of picks (5 day 2 picks)

Dallas

Buffalo - meeting top three needs with Diggs, Epenesa, and Moss, and factoring in that Diggs is already an established NFL receiver

Colts

Carolina

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reader said:

Broncos are kind of an enigma to me, I mean they're not the Raiders, I'm just surprised that pick 1 and 2 were WR.

I was going to mention the Raiders. I mean, who can argue against 3 WRs in 4 rounds? Mayock addressed a need...then couldn’t stop addressing it.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Stefon Diggs has star potential.

To be fair, so does Deandre Hopkins, Minkah Fitzpatrick, etc... I think some of those teams should be considered as winners as well then.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Baltimore - with the number and quality of picks (5 day 2 picks)

Dallas

Buffalo - meeting top three needs with Diggs, Epenesa, and Moss, and factoring in that Diggs is already an established NFL receiver

Colts

Carolina

Based on our insistence on mentioning Diggs as a first round pick, shouldn’t we also mention Houston getting Laremy Tunsil this year? I get it, but I think we should just talk about drafted players when grading a draft. Not trying to single you out @billsfan1959 as it does seem to be the prevailing sentiment here.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I was going to mention the Raiders. I mean, who can argue against 3 WRs in 4 rounds? Mayock addressed a need...then couldn’t stop addressing it.

It's just so bizarre. I feel like I have only ever seen that in Madden, but maybe my memory isn't the best.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The winners:

Dallas

Baltimore 

Bucs

Broncos 

Colts

Panthers

I can’t stand this mentality. When we took Epenesa ESPN said “solid but not a star” so that’s what all the parrots are saying. The guy was a sack monster at a need position and is incredible against the run. We got a first round talent in the first and a second round talent in the third at NEED POSITIONS. 

Flashy “Star players” are for the Rex Ryan regime. We’re clearly building a TEAM that’s good at everything. Every player can’t be a “star” and but we have highly above average guys at nearly every position now.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Dallas, Baltimore, and Indy have done really well for themselves so far.

Saying we’re among the biggest draft winners is too much of a homer statement and I can’t even pretend it’s close to being true.

Yep. It is these 3. 

I am envious of the Ravens.  

• Like (+1) 2