2020 NFL Draft Rounds 4-7 discussion

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

you think Ed Oliver is below average? If so I have some magic beans to sell you.

Not to mention Butler, Star, and Harry, with Q and Epenesa able to shift inside on passing downs. 

They’re pretty good at DT and VERY deep.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Wow a lot of you are very high on the current Bills roster!  I am too, but I'm reading that you think that a 5th rounder will have a hard time making the team.  I disagree completely.  This team has a long way to go to become an "automatic" playoff team like the Patriots were for so many years.

For example, our DT's are BELOW AVERAGE, and I could actually see a rookie 5th rounder earning the start before the end of the year.  

DT is 5 deep with starting caliber players. Ed Oliver was above average as a rookie and fished strong, Quinton Jefferson was a impactful starter on a good defense last season. Henry Phillps was about to have a breakout season last year before he got hurt and should look to be a rotational player there. 

Star finished the year strong and plays a role in the defense. They also added Vernon Butler who is coming off his best season and is at worst a high end rotational DT.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

on lesser teams and former Bills teams. This Bills team these picks coming probably don’t have a spot initially and will have an uphill battle making the roster 

Absolutley.  Not a lot of roster spots on this team.  That’s why I would of liked a move up to get good depth.  Later round picks don’t mean a lot to us this year - don’t need to fill out a roster.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

They drafted brilliants for about 4 years 2010-2014.... since then.... not so much.

HoFers in the fifth helps you win a Super Bowl, but you have to be more consistent in getting contributors. I think time has shown they were more lucky than good.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Butler and Jefferson > Star and Harry.... by a lot.

Harry was about to have a breakout season last year. I firmly believe his injury is what set back the rush defense in the middle of the season. So while I do agree that Jefferson is the second best DT I would put Butler about the same as Star and Henry.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Absolutley.  Not a lot of roster spots on this team.  That’s why I would of liked a move up to get good depth.  Later round picks don’t mean a lot to us this year - don’t need to fill out a roster.

Depth is an important thing to a winning football team. We need help at LB.

I'm just glad we don't have Goodell announcing the picks anymore trying painfully to be funny before Wingo saying "He has an interesting back story where he killed his rich parents for the inheritance money.  He has great ball tracking skills and ran a 4.38."

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I am so interested to see if the UDFA frenzy is going to be changed at all with the virtual war rooms 

Usually done by phone with the UDFA.  With the technology they are using to communicate with other team FO guys, shouldn’t be an issue.

I believe there are more people in these guys “war rooms” than being shown on TV.  I mean, how many computers does Beane really need just for himself?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Yantha said:

Not to be off topic here...  but how many times were you frustrated with our DL breaking down and allowing too many rushing yards?  Star Lotulelei needs an upgrade IMO, but you can't fix every hole.

That's why they brought in Jefferson, Butler and Epenesa.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yantha said:

Not to be off topic here...  but how many times were you frustrated with our DL breaking down and allowing too many rushing yards?  Star Lotulelei needs an upgrade IMO, but you can't fix every hole.

Dlines clog lanes, LB make tackles.