2020 NFL Draft Rounds 4-7 discussion

I think there is going to be a mini Run on CBs to start so the Value with our 4th round pick is going to be on the offensive side. 

Specifically TE. Watch for one of the Three top TEs left to be the pick if they are there.  the two Bryant’s and Ok

and with the TE position you are doing what Beane has done at DE and RB. Took the top rated player adding youth into an older position group. With Kroft and Smith being old. 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

My hope for the Bills today; BPA in the 4th, Rodrigo Blankenship in the 5th, and Braden Mann (P) in the 6th.

I don’t think Punter is even talked about they addressed that already and not brining in 3 punters. 

kicker on the other hand 

14 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

What's red flags does Tyler Johnson have? 

I'm happy if any of these players are selected: Tyler Johnson, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Gabriel Davis, Alex Taylor, JaMychal Hasty, and Anthony McFarland.

When it comes to what McD cares about - Work ethic 

1 minute ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

I must have missed something. How did they address punter?

Signed that combination kicker punter guy that was highly touted coming into the league as a kicker but flamed. He wants to concentrate solely as a punter. It’s good when punter is our weakest position 

Just now, Turbo44 said:

Signed that combination kicker punter guy that was highly touted coming into the league as a kicker but flamed. He wants to concentrate solely as a punter. It’s good when punter is our weakest position 

Yeah, I definitely completely missed that. And, I completely agree. It hurts to remember the times it was our strongest position.

10 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I'd be okay with Blankenship in the 7th, but maybe not the 6th.

I'm not sure he'll be there in the 7th. He could easily go in the 5th. If a team has few holes to fill and it's a choice between a kicker with a really high chance of securing that position (remember how bad kicking has been lately in the NFL) for the next several years or a position player likely not to make it out of camp on the active roster, I'd go kicker.

3 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Yeah, I definitely completely missed that. And, I completely agree. It hurts to remember the times it was our strongest position.

I'm not sure how much stock to put onto the profootballfocus stats and ranking system, but according to them, Our weakest starter is DT Star Lotuleilei (actually CB Josh Norman according to his 2019 stats).  

I think that there's some truth to that.  Hope Norman rebounds, and that we address DT and CB in this draft.

So many good players left going into the 4th round on a deep draft.

The DE list is still stacked with Curtis Weaver, Bradley Anae, Alton Robinson, and Bryce Huff. All guys with a little more bend like Hughes has been giving us for years but that I don’t think are likely. I think the Bills like DE who are a little bit bigger and long armed, which may mean a guy like Jonathan Garvin or James Smith-Williams could be on our radar late (though I do love me some Curtis Weaver).

Wr is still pretty deep and I think we see one from the Bills in Rd 4 or 5. I remember Beane saying last year when he drafted Motor that he was the most fun tape he watched. I think he does take that kind of thing into consideration bc football is supposed to be fun to watch. One of the most fun players to watch this year was Antonio Gandy-Golden who he himself said the Bills has shown the most interest. I think the Bills do want a bigger WR to develop. I could see AGG or Peoples-Jones (maybe THE most athletic WR in the draft) as a target for us in the 4th.

TE is a position I think the Bills are happier with than I am. I like Knox but everyone else is just another guy. If we are in the business of helping Josh, a TE that runs sub 4.5 forty at 6’5’’ and 258 pounds with 23 touchdowns in 3 years is a great gamble to take - Albert Okwuegbunam. There is a reason he has lasted as long as he has, he has holes to his game but Knox hadn’t caught a ball in college. Harrison Bryant from FAU is also a good athlete and graded very well in advanced metrics compared to his peers.

CB has gotten pretty picked over. I could see us using one of our 5ths on a guy like Lamar Jackson from Nebraska or Reggie Robinson from Tulsa who are bigger, longer corners. I know everyone is hoping for Bryce Hall who I would like but I think his medical will continue to drop him.

I think another RB is also very likely. Anthony McFarlane from Maryland, Perine from Florida, Joshua Kelly from UCLA all would add a little more speed to compliment the shifty Motor and bruising Moss.

As you can tell, I’m excited for the rest of the draft. Lots of players left that can fill our depth and develop into future starters. No doubt Beane will find some!

13 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

vedvick

3. Picking up punting

In 2015, Marshall's coaches began working with Vedvik on his punting, and he did not play in a game during his redshirt sophomore season.

In 2016, Vedvik punted 70 times for 2,800 yards, for an average of 40.0 yards per punt that was strengthened by a 72-yard effort against Southern Miss and nine punts that covered at least 50 yards.

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-kaare-vedvik-5-things-to-know

and since Minny and Jets he focused 100% on Punting only. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I'm not sure how much stock to put onto the profootballfocus stats and ranking system, but according to them, Our weakest starter is DT Star Lotuleilei (actually CB Josh Norman according to his 2019 stats).  

I think that there's some truth to that.  Hope Norman rebounds, and that we address DT and CB in this draft.

You can never have too much depth or talent in the secondary. I hope to see a CB or high upside S/CB hybrid type player with the 4th round pick.

I don't love Star but I also believe he mostly does the job he's supposed to and what the coaches expect. An upgrade there would be nice, but I'm not sure we find that difference maker in this draft, at this point. With few holes left on the roster, it's fine to take a shot on a low floor, high ceiling guy.

I'm not really a Norman fan, but I think he'll rebound and play well in our system.

16 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

We signed the Jets kicker who missed a few kicks in our season opener. He was a P/K in college.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

AGG has size many here want and remember him killing UB. I wouldn't mind him in 4th.

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

We signed the Jets kicker who missed a few kicks in our season opener. He was a P/K in college.

AGG has size many here want and remember him killing UB. I wouldn't mind him in 4th.

My only concern on AGG is whether he’s better than Duke Williams or the same. Anyone have ideas? I didn’t watch Liberty Football.