PFF Best Player Available Going Into Day 3

CSBill

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

it’s pretty simple to explain that if 5-10 guys are of similar grades that the one filling a hole, or harder to get elsewhere would be selected. You have still gone “BPA” generally speaking.

Or if you have a big hole to fill you move to where that position has value instead of taking them way out of line 

it’s not crazy split brain bi polar logic. I’d be annoyed if you were asking too many questions when it’s that simple 

It is that simple.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I'd add "scheme fit" and value to need.   It's not just checking off a box on a menu, but projecting that player into what you do as an offense or defense.   Taking a guy who can set an edge (like Epenesa), which is critical in McD's defense vs. going with a higher rated but undersized speed rusher who can't defend the run.   Or picking a RB like Moss for his complimentary skill set to Singletary, rather than another RB who again, might be higher rated.

To me, that's a lot better approach than simply picing BPA and I'm glad Beane operates the way he does...

I agree with what you said, to including the way Beane operates, all the things you stated are part of what in my mind is need ?

Go Bills!!! 

At this point in the draft it is highly unlikely that you'll find 1 guy that is measurably better than all the remaining players. In that instance you just take the guy in that top remaining group that best fills a need.