Breakdown of McBeane's Team Building Tendencies (So Far)

JGMcD2

16 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

“at times”...which can mean anything from “occasionally” to “frequently.” If Daboll was frequently calling a bad offense then I’d say you have a point. But I don’t see evidence of that. No he does not have a perfect playbook or call games perfectly. But if the offense fails its on the QB now, although I understand some like you will never bring yourselves to admit it.

From Gugny :

“But why was Singletary out of the game vs. Houston?  That's still a mystery to everyone.  Also a mystery why Gore was in pads and Yeldon was not.

There's a difference between not having the right players and not using the players you have properly.” 

Every game at some point he gets away from what was working. Last year he cost us games with the overuse of Gore. I didn’t say we should get rid off him, I’m saying he still has much to prove as does Allen. I don’t know what games you have been watching or why you can’t admit that. I imagine basic stubbornness to admit you are wrong  it’s a typical trait here for people like you.

On 4/25/2020 at 9:31 AM, DJB said:

One draft tendency  is we take productive players regardless of their combine  numbers.

Singletary, Espenesa ,  Moss.

Which is good because  it means they value tape  and production over the underwear  Olympics. 

I was going to say this as well, Beane clearly didn’t care one bit about combine numbers this year. None of the picks stand out from a testing perspective, it’s all about onfield production. 

Even Jake Fromm had an awful combine (both in numbers and drills) but Beane identified that he is a winner with other intangibles. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/25/2020 at 9:23 AM, JaCrispy said:

The thing I’ve always thought about a Josh Allen led offense is, at no time in his life before the NFL, did his offenses score a lot of points...same for his own personal stats- he never put up great numbers...

Thats why I always felt it was going to be difficult to have a high powered offense with him as the QB...it’s just never been in his nature to be that kind of QB...

In addition, I feel with McD as his HC, it hinders Josh as well, because McD doesn’t encourage an explosive offense...Once McD has the slightest of leads, he just wants to get the game over with as soon as possible- he doesn’t go into every game with the mind set of trying to score 30 points, regardless of what the other team is doing...

Yupp. McDermott needs to learn to keep his foot on the gas.