No social distancing at home of draftees

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There's no way that all those people at those homes all live there.  Social distancing does not exist for NFL rookies.   

didn’t you see the UV lights up their asses and they announced they all took their Lysol Shots 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

I'm actually very pro-social distancing during a pandemic but it's certainly far from an exact science. Defining "family" for instance is impossible, but whether your family consists of 2 or 28 people, it seems this thing is infectious enough where if one gets it, everybody gets it. Somebody could have potentially shared some covid at those draft parties tonight, but how are you going to ignore your brother or best friend getting drafted into the NFL? We're not really built for extreme isolation yet, I just hope a 2nd wave doesn't screw us and that we luck out a bit with warmer weather.

There are ways to decrease risk - wearing gloves and masks as an example - and still meet with friends.  Masks are sometimes hard to find but if you pay enough you can get and a 1st-3rd pick will have money incoming and I am sure agent/agency has contacts.  For my family my wife has been making masks and sending to them who cannot find.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

dude, just read the millions of articles about it online. Just because it's not on CNN doesn't mean it's not true. And yes, go read the comments on the youtube video of hospital staffs dancing in the hospital hallways during this pandemic. There's a ton of people's comments that work at hospitals about how their bored and on their phones the entire time because they have nothing to do. I would think the hospital staffs dancing would be enough to show that they have nothing better to do

Again, I don’t have cable. No clue what CNN or any other channel is saying. 

I’m trying to understand where you, and others, are getting their information about what things currently look like in hospitals. 

So far I’ve heard nothing except “not CNN,” “millions of articles” and “YouTube videos.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffalover4life said:

I understand the risk.. I wash my hands every time i enter and leave my home. Im conscious of my hand movements towards my face. I am careful when i see my family.

we are going to be in this position for years possibly.. I can't waste that time with my family

Same...I’ve decided to cookout with my parents this weekend...it’s time...?

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Oh you printed them out?  Only thing which weighs a ton is your BS.

Do a freaking google search and read the articles yourself. Yeah, I'm saying nothing but a bunch of BS but all your proof is in one google search in tons of articles but I see you're too scared to do that because deep down you know I'm right

2 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

Boy you sure showed him!   How about trying a civil conversation?

I do not mind following the guidelines so much as I mind the sudden deluge of self appointed Barney Fifes that feel like it is their duty to jump all over and personally attack any thought that goes against staying home for months indefinitely without question.    Many people are not doing well as a result of staying at home for weeks and there is going to be a point where keeping this up results in more people dying from suicide, overdoses and putting off vital medical procedures than what would have been from covid 19. 

Edit-I am not minimizing the concern of this, nor pushing for something silly like injecting bleach.   Just pointing out that there are many different stories out there and many different opinions that are valid on how to best get things back to normal over the next few months

That's a great post.  Well said.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Do a freaking google search and read the articles yourself. Yeah, I'm saying nothing but a bunch of BS but all your proof is in one google search in tons of articles but I see you're too scared to do that because deep down you know I'm right

Well, thank goodness for google searches and your fee-fees. Now I’m certain it’s all a hoax. 

Healthcare layoffs are because elective surgeries and non emergency treatments/procedures are on hold.

I treat necessary patients, we haven’t stopped. The next suite over is almost all  non emergency & elective procedures/appointments. Their staff is minimal and the rest are furloughed.

You can’t just say “but teh hopspitals are empty!!1!” without context.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Well, thank goodness for google searches and your fee-fees. Now I’m certain it’s all a hoax. 

My biggest problem with this is the extremely condescending and hostile reaction to any one who dares to question staying inside indefinitely on any level.     Take a look at all of the posts on this thread and you will see that nearly all of the ones that are rude or sarcastic and coming from that side of the argument.  They assume that anyone who questions some of the restrictions  is thinking that it is a hoax or not following guidelines and that is not the case most of the time.    That would be like me assuming that everyone on the other side just wants a two year paid vacation on the government's dime(which would also be wrong.).  The reality is that this is a scary unprecedented in our time situation and that every has had major changes in their life over the last six weeks.  No one know for sure what will happen and there is no answer that is not going to result in many lives being negatively impacted or ended.     

I have social distanced since march 12th, I wear masks when I go out, there are a lot of people that i care about that I have not seen in weeks.   When I make my statements, I am not disregarding that danger of COVID 19 or saying that everyone should be out tomorrow.  Even in the best case scenario it will take weeks to get things up and running.     Keep in mind though  that every day that people are inside, that is resulting in suicides, overdoses and people having serious health issues from procedures that were put off.   Adding to that, months or years of this would turn the economy upside down, put us in danger of food shortages and eventually get people in a situation where they are losing their homes.     There is going to be a point down the road where we have to look and ask if more people are being hurt by other factors staying inside that what would have happened if we had opened things up.  It is not an easy choice, and it is not as black and white as some people seem to think.  There are many legitimate scientists and doctors out there who do not agree with the lock down going as long as it has.

The original cause of this thread was regarding the drafted players having family and friends over.   I agree that it would be foolish to throw a huge party in a house, but I had also pointed out that we do not know what happened behind the scenes.   Some states have looser guidelines and 8 or 9 people in a house may not violate that.   It is also very possible that these people planned ahead or tested before.    Unfortunately, too many either were judgemental ("what kind of flowers to you want for your loved ones funeral?")  or took the other extreme and acted like it wasn't a factor at all.

The bright side for both of us is that there was the draft over the last two days and that there is more draft today.  I am sure that all of us who posted here who are Bills fans and football fans were able to enjoying watching some sport related again.     I hope that things are back to the point where they can do the games this year and that we are all able to enjoy a Bills super bowl run.    

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1