No social distancing at home of draftees

9 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Honestly, you should probably be wearing some kind of eye protection at the store as well. Don't say screw it and just wade through some virus, go full Mad Max and protect yourself.

I’m good, thanks

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

I did.  You've said nothing more here than in the post that I quoted. 

I don't think it's stupid at all. It's a mitigation strategy to try to prevent the healthcare system from being overrun. It was overrun by me and I assume would have been far worse without the restrictions.

I'll ask again, do you think we'd be better off had we not shut down? Was letting it run its course a better option? Or did you have another solution in mind?

Overrun? Hospitals are laying off all over the country because they are empty or only a 3rd full. The media makes it seem like hospitals are overwhelmed but they're not. There was even a report I read that I can post here so you can see for yourself that NYC alone added 3700 "presumptive" cases to their death tolls. So, it wouldn't surprise me if numbers are inflated to begin with. 

And to answer your question, yes. I would say letting it run it's course is the much better option and probably the better way to get rid of it. Not closing down and just going business as usual. Let the immuno compromised or the ones that are having symptoms or are actually sick with it stay home and recover and let everyone just go out and do what they can with no shut down. We can't live this way forever

1 hour ago, buffalover4life said:

We have been social distancing for 5+ weeks. we should have an idea of who has and does not have covid-19.

I have been very careful for 5+ weeks and believe at this point it is safe to visit my family... these are small gatherings and I wouldn't take anymore from these players than has already been taken.

And this is proof why we need professionals sometimes having to dictate behavior for their will always be those who because they can’t see it , don’t believe it is there or will ever affect them. We have very little ides of who has had it , who may be asymptomatic carriers are this point ( may be as high as 14-15% in some communities ), and therefore one has little knowledge who to avoid or who should still be in quarantine still to avoid endangering elderly , those with hypertension , diabetes etc.  One player lost his grandfather 2 weeks prior to the draft  to covid 19, and we are just beginning to see new infections level off ( not disappear!) so having these groups of people MAY indeed cause some to lose more if some at risk people get unknowingly exposed. I hope it doesn’t happen, but hoping will not prevent it and people should not drop their guards as this virus will be around in waves over the next year. And I know you are thinking, well it’s all young people at these gatherings, and covid is no big deal for the young. Unless you happen to be one of the 20 , or 30 year olds that did die, and realize that 55% of hospitalizations are in the age group from 20-50.    My point is  don’t feel sorry for what little “ has been taken “ from these players as they can still lose much more valuable things ( like grandparents ) by making seemingly harmless decisions to group together before wide testing or a vaccine is available. No time to let your guard down, it is still dangerous for many people.  Hope your family is well and safe tho! 

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Overrun? Hospitals are laying off all over the country because they are empty or only a 3rd full. The media makes it seem like hospitals are overwhelmed but they're not. There was even a report I read that I can post here so you can see for yourself that NYC alone added 3700 "presumptive" cases to their death tolls. So, it wouldn't surprise me if numbers are inflated to begin with. 

And to answer your question, yes. I would say letting it run it's course is the much better option and probably the better way to get rid of it. Not closing down and just going business as usual. Let the immuno compromised or the ones that are having symptoms or are actually sick with it stay home and recover and let everyone just go out and do what they can with no shut down. We can't live this way forever

On this last point I agree 100%. 

My sense is that it would have been far far worse if we just let it run it's course. I can tell you second hand that the hospitals in my area were overrun, not sure how it's played out all over the country. Chilling thing for me 3 weeks ago was hearing that my neighbor who owns a scaffolding company was contracted by the city to deal with  dead bodies.

So being immune deficient and have an endocrine disease The virus scaress me... I get this virus im in big trouble. But im also a realist tht believes in fact cheking.. Right now you can go to places in Wetern NY without a DR. Script with out anything and receive result the net day.

In many other states they have been doing this for 2+ weeks. What makes you think they didnt get tested, what makes you think they didnt already have it and are over it?

If im being drafted? Im asking my best friend and maybe family member visiting to be tested couple days ahead of time then stay the heck home then join me. And im IMMUNE DEFECIENT...

We not in there lives where they live and we have no clue there situations or what precautions they took to be at a very special moment today..Most deaths from this virus are the elderly and underline illnesses.. 

Many people got this virus and didnt even know they had it..

Get a grip people..

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

You can read the millions of articles about it all over the internet. 

Yeah, but based on the nature of their posts, I am going to guess that if it is not from CNN or snopes, they probably wont accept it as valid. 

Edited by dgrochester55

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

On this last point I agree 100%. 

My sense is that it would have been far far worse if we just let it run it's course. I can tell you second hand that the hospitals in my area were overrun, not sure how it's played out all over the country. Chilling thing for me 3 weeks ago was hearing that my neighbor who owns a scaffolding company was contracted by the city to deal with  dead bodies.

Dead bodies that have probably died from a number of different things. I'm sure there are hospitals that might be overrun. But there's articles all over the place about hospitals laying off everywhere. 

4 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

Yeah, but based on the nature of their posts, I am going to guess that if it is not from CNN or snopes, they probably wont accept it as valid. 

One article, I would agree. The 20 different articles I've read online? I'd say that's valid. Plus CNN, Fox News and all them media stations aren't always honest anyway. So, they shouldn't always go by that either

3 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

Edited? Really? This was your second draft?

Don’t have cable, don’t read snopes. I work directly with experts on this topic and have immediate family on the front line. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

One article, I would agree. The 20 different articles I've read online? I'd say that's valid. Plus CNN, Fox News and all them media stations aren't always honest anyway. So, they shouldn't always go by that either

I completely agree, and know of a couple people in the healthcare industry that told me their hospitals are often at a fraction of capacity.   I was referring to the person with the "citation needed" comment

1 hour ago, dgrochester55 said:

Boy you sure showed him!   How about trying a civil conversation?

Edit-I am not minimizing the concern of this, nor pushing for something silly like injecting bleach.   Just pointing out that there are many different stories out there and many different opinions that are valid on how to best get things back to normal over the next few months

Many different opinions....? Simple. Take precautions like wear a mask and social distancing, or play Russian Roulette with your life. That's just fact. You don't know WHO had this virus.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dgrochester55 said:

I completely agree, and know of a couple people in the healthcare industry that told me their hospitals are often at a fraction of capacity.   I was referring to the person with the "citation needed" comment

Curious: Which hospitals are at a “fraction of capacity”? And why? 

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Dead bodies that have probably died from a number of different things. I'm sure there are hospitals that might be overrun. But there's articles all over the place about hospitals laying off everywhere. 

Scaffolding companies being called because morgues can't handle the capacity and "Dead bodies that have probably died from a number of different things" doesn't make much sense to me. Reminds me of the Spinal Tap quote:

Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Many different opinions....? Simple. Take precautions like wear a mask and social distancing, or play Russian Roulette with your life. That's just fact. You don't know WHO had this virus.

I have followed the guidelines in my area since early March so I am not disregarding common sense.  I am talking long term.    Plain and simple, this lockdown is not economically or socially sustainable over a course of months or years and all the fear mongering in the world is not going to change that.

You can choose to live in fear if you would like.   Have a great night.

10 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Curious: Which hospitals are at a “fraction of capacity”? And why? 

dude, just read the millions of articles about it online. Just because it's not on CNN doesn't mean it's not true. And yes, go read the comments on the youtube video of hospital staffs dancing in the hospital hallways during this pandemic. There's a ton of people's comments that work at hospitals about how their bored and on their phones the entire time because they have nothing to do. I would think the hospital staffs dancing would be enough to show that they have nothing better to do

Edited by Buffalo03