No social distancing at home of draftees

We have been social distancing for 5+ weeks. we should have an idea of who has and does not have covid-19.

I have been very careful for 5+ weeks and believe at this point it is safe to visit my family... these are small gatherings and I wouldn't take anymore from these players than has already been taken.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Social distancing is a joke anyway 

Let me know what kind of flowers you want for your or your loved ones' funeral.

1 minute ago, buffalover4life said:

We have been social distancing for 5+ weeks. we should have an idea of who has and does not have covid-19.

I have been very careful for 5+ weeks and believe at this point it is safe to visit my family... these are small gatherings and I wouldn't take anymore from these players than has already been taken.

You have no idea how this virus works, do you?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, buffalover4life said:

The problem is they appear to have invited friends over who are young & could be transmitting the virus to the parents there without knowing it.  

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The problem is they appear to have invited friends over who are young & could be transmitting the virus to the parents there without knowing it.  

Cant do this forever.  I’ve had fam who have gotten this, I get it.. but we can’t isolate indefinitely.   There’s no vaccine... it is what it is. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

And you can stay 6 feet away from your spouse and family. I hope everyone in your house is sleeping on separate floors tonight. You're gonna socially distance yourself, you might as well go all the way with it

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

I understand the risk.. I wash my hands every time i enter and leave my home. Im conscious of my hand movements towards my face. I am careful when i see my family.

we are going to be in this position for years possibly.. I can't waste that time with my family

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This seriously took two posts haha. I've loved the draft this year, some of the home footage has been so awkward that it beats anything that could be normally produced.

Social distancing is such a grey area with families. I've been quarantined with my wife and little one for over a month now. That's it. However, my next door neighbor has at least 6 kids, many of which have kids. There's like 20 people there. They often stand around in their backyard and then do tiny backyard dirt circles with a motorcycle sending a giant cloud of dust and hopefully not coronavirus over the neighborhood. At least twice a day. But hey, they're family, who am I to judge. This is weird for everyone.

Edited by Nelius
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Boy you sure showed him!   How about trying a civil conversation?

I do not mind following the guidelines so much as I mind the sudden deluge of self appointed Barney Fifes that feel like it is their duty to jump all over and personally attack any thought that goes against staying home for months indefinitely without question.    Many people are not doing well as a result of staying at home for weeks and there is going to be a point where keeping this up results in more people dying from suicide, overdoses and putting off vital medical procedures than what would have been from covid 19. 

Edit-I am not minimizing the concern of this, nor pushing for something silly like injecting bleach.   Just pointing out that there are many different stories out there and many different opinions that are valid on how to best get things back to normal over the next few months

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Nelius said:

This seriously took two posts haha. I've loved the draft this year, some of the home footage has been so awkward that it beats anything that could be normally produced.

Social distancing is such a grey area with families. I've been quarantined with my wife and little one for over a month now. That's it. However, my next door neighbor has at least 6 kids, many of which have kids. They often stand around in their backyard and then do dirt circles with a motorcycle sending a giant cloud of dirt and hopefully not coronavirus over the neighborhood. At least twice a day. But hey, they're family, who am I to judge. This is weird for everyone.

The whole concept is stupid. Socially distance yourself from everyone but the people you live with. It makes no sense

8 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

That is a problem. I am glad it appears to be less of a problem in the south.

I just hope we get a NFL season at this point. I could care less if a fan will be in the stadium.

25 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I did notice that in almost every case, there were less than ten people.    Guidelines are different in every state, and many are not on full lockdown, but discouraging events with more than ten.    There are cases where they could be having people over and still staying within the guidelines of the states.   

Edited by dgrochester55

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

The whole concept is stupid. Socially distance yourself from everyone but the people you live with. It makes no sense

I'm actually very pro-social distancing during a pandemic but it's certainly far from an exact science. Defining "family" for instance is impossible, but whether your family consists of 2 or 28 people, it seems this thing is infectious enough where if one gets it, everybody gets it. Somebody could have potentially shared some covid at those draft parties tonight, but how are you going to ignore your brother or best friend getting drafted into the NFL? We're not really built for extreme isolation yet, I just hope a 2nd wave doesn't screw us and that we luck out a bit with warmer weather.

• Like (+1) 1