"A mask for every American" Dhvani.com

Hapless Bills Fan

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Anyone get their mask for Dhvani yet?

@Just Jack did you? 

Nope. No info, no mask. But plenty of emails asking for me to donate more $$.  I had intended to donate more, but not until I get the mask. I'm starting to think this was a scam/money grab. Perhaps the company just bit off more than it could chew and is figuring out what to do (if it hasn't just decided to keep the donations and just say "piss off" to those who didn't get the mask).

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Dean said:

Nope. No info, no mask. But plenty of emails asking for me to donate more $$.  I had intended to donate more, but not until I get the mask. I'm starting to think this was a scam/money grab. Perhaps the company just bit off more than it could chew and is figuring out what to do (if it hasn't just decided to keep the donations and just say "piss off" to those who didn't get the mask).

Thanks for the update.  It's possible they bit off more than they could chew, in which case it's legit to say "no more Stew for you till you swallow the first portion"

I messaged them on Facebook, we'll see if I get an answer

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks for the update.  It's possible they bit off more than they could chew, in which case it's legit to say "no more Stew for you till you swallow the first portion"

I messaged them on Facebook, we'll see if I get an answer

I don't really want to be that cynical, but it does seem odd that there is nothing on the site (short of a static FAQ that hasn't changed since the beginning, I think) to just get people update on the status. I understand they are probably overwhelmed, but a little information goes a long way.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I don't really want to be that cynical, but it does seem odd that there is nothing on the site (short of a static FAQ that hasn't changed since the beginning, I think) to just get people update on the status. I understand they are probably overwhelmed, but a little information goes a long way.

Agreed.  Will be interested to see what, if any, response I get.

On 5/20/2020 at 11:42 PM, The Dean said:

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I have seen nothing from them. 

In response to my Facebook message asking when one might expect a mask ordered 24 April to be delivered, I got a polite regurgitation of the boilerplate on their website and the explanation it is first come first served, will get an email just before the mask is ready to ship asking to confirm shipping address etc.

I said thank you for the response, but can you give me a rough idea when I should expect a mask ordered 24 April to ship?

At that point they asked me what email addy I had used to order the mask.  So if one of you gents has Facebook and wants to message them, I'd be interested in what you could learn (or if you care to PM me an email addy, I'll keep my convo going)

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In response to my Facebook message asking when one might expect a mask ordered 24 April to be delivered, I got a polite regurgitation of the boilerplate on their website and the explanation it is first come first served, will get an email just before the mask is ready to ship asking to confirm shipping address etc.

I said thank you for the response, but can you give me a rough idea when I should expect a mask ordered 24 April to ship?

At that point they asked me what email addy I had used to order the mask.  So if one of you gents has Facebook and wants to message them, I'd be interested in what you could learn (or if you care to PM me an email addy, I'll keep my convo going)

Thanks, Hap. Unfortunately no Facebook account here. I told a few friends about it and I believe they ordered. So I'll see if they can join the "effort for info"* campaign.

* What a lame name, Dino.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I finally received my email saying my mask is ready to ship.  I had to click a link and re-confirm I still want the mask and as well as my shipping info.  I'm not sure I REALLY need the mask anymore, and considered declining it. But I am curious about it (quality, comfort, etc), so I confirmed the information. If/when I get the mask I will make a sceond donation to the cause.  I'll also report back here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 4/28/2020 at 12:28 PM, PastaJoe said:

Like the Constitutional right to life? Your not wearing a mask threatens those near you in public. We wear a mask to protect you. Please have the same consideration.

Everything threatens everybody...if there are people afraid of what’s in the air, then THEY should wear a mask- just like people afraid of opening society- THEY should stay home, themselves...because if they are doing those things, then they have no need to worry what I’m doing...my right to live should not be dictated by someone else’s FEAR of doing the same imo...that’s what freedom is all about- power to the people, not the government!

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Everything threatens everybody...if there are people afraid of what’s in the air, then THEY should wear a mask- just like people afraid of opening society- THEY should stay home, themselves...because if they are doing those things, then they have no need to worry what I’m doing...my right to live should not be dictated by someone else’s FEAR of doing the same imo...that’s what freedom is all about- power to the people, not the government!

You don’t seem to understand the concept of the mask. It doesn’t protect me from you, it protects you from me. Most people have to go out at some point, just to buy groceries. Explain how your right to live is prevented by you being respectful of others and wearing a mask.

6 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

2 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

You don’t seem to understand the concept of the mask. It doesn’t protect me from you, it protects you from me. Most people have to go out at some point, just to buy groceries. Explain how your right to live is prevented by you being respectful of others and wearing a mask.

C'mon Joe, why be considerate when you can be selfish?  Drive in the left hand lane, or the sidewalk! Why not? We're free. F@#K everyone else! Walk down the street swinging the club. It should be up to everyone else to move out of the way. Old person? Too bad. They shouldn't be out in public anyway!

JaCrispy knows, being FREE means being a total dickwad to others.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

C'mon Joe, why be considerate when you can be selfish?  Drive in the left hand lane, or the sidewalk! Why not? We're free. F@#K everyone else! Walk down the street swinging the club. It should be up to everyone else to move out of the way. Old person? Too bad. They shouldn't be out in public anyway!

JaCrispy knows, being FREE means being a total dickwad to others.

Well, that’s a little hyperbolic, so I will just agree to disagree...?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

The point is if "your mask protects me, my mask protects you", you're breaking the social compact by not doing what protects others.

Short of bogarting a truly self-protective mask from HCW - an N95 respirator - there is no way other people's action can make up for your unwillingness to perform a social good.

Look at it this way.  There are two possibilities for wearing a cloth or procedure mask: either it protects others, or it doesn't.  If it doesn't, and it's truly neutral to others, then your actions affect only yourself.  But what if, in fact, your mask does protect others, some of whom may be vulnerable OR in contact with vulnerable people? 

If we make the assumption that all outcomes are equally likely (which is probably not likely, but work with me), this isn't about your freedom - it's about a 25% chance that you're being an agent of infection because you can't suffer the horrid "inconvenience" of wearing a piece of cloth or paper over your nose and mouth inside a store or during the time you spend at church services etc.  Why would you make that choice?

And what if all outcomes aren't equally likely?  What if (as covid-19 spread in mask-wearing countries suggests and some data support) it's true that masks reduce transmission (prevent YOU, should you be infectious but without current symptoms, from infecting someone)? 

I mean, freedom is great, but it comes with responsibility?  Why would you choose to exercise your freedom by avoidably putting others at risk?  You're part of society; if you don't wish to perform a social good, why don't you step aside from society and go live somewhere without groceries and electronics and urgent cares (none of the urgent care doctors, nurses, or technicians was wearing a good mask on my recent visit, all flimsy paper procedure masks. but they were safe from me should I have been infected but not symptomatic yet, because I too wore a mask to protect them).

Doesn't freedom come with responsibility?  Doesn't choosing to live IN society, with groceries and urgent cares and such, require that you be willing to take actions that help society function?

image.png.14d5e70fb7572ddfe05063d2d2de4c9f.png

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, that’s a little hyperbolic, so I will just agree to disagree...?

Yes, it was hyperbolic on purpose. Your defense for not wearing a mask was pretty hyperbolic, IMO.

58 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Yes, it was hyperbolic on purpose. Your defense for not wearing a mask was pretty hyperbolic, IMO.

@JaCrispy I do gotta go with The Dean on this.  You wrote:

"Everything threatens everybody...if there are people afraid of what’s in the air, then THEY should wear a mask- just like people afraid of opening society- THEY should stay home, themselves...because if they are doing those things, then they have no need to worry what I’m doing...my right to live should not be dictated by someone else’s FEAR of doing the same imo...that’s what freedom is all about- power to the people, not the government! "

It really pisses me off when people puff themselves up as some kind of Fearless Avatar of Freedom for refusing to perform a possible social good by wearing a mask while those of us who are considerate and protective of others should we be infectious and not know it yet, get painted as some kind of fear-ridden mongrels cowering in corners.  That's such deep bull#### I need a frontloader to budge it because it's all the way up to the rafters.

Again: I wear a mask because I think there's a reasonable preponderence of evidence that it may protect other people.  I am grateful to other people when they do likewise because I see them as protecting me.

We can't all stay at home all the time, even if we know we're high risk.  I need to visit the Urgent Care for a problem with my leg and the hospital for a test and the orthopedist.  I need to purchase groceries for my mother who is 87 and at extremely high risk.  Fortunately for me, all these places require masks. 

But wait, society WANTS me to do more!!  NEEDS me to do more!  It wants me to put my financially-stable ass out there and eat meals at restaurants and go to the gym and get haircuts and pedicures and shop in local businesses for clothes and floor tiles and have contractors in to replace my kitchen floor and go on vacations and stay in hotels.   Guess What Mr. "Power to the People", while folks like you are boogieing around maskless with no concern for my family's health, the economy will have to continue to get along without my discretionary spending.  I won't be cowering in the corner, but I will be enjoying myself on hiking trails, rivers, and "socially distant" outdoor visits with friends and family, and supporting my neighborhood businesses curbside as best I can.   I'm not the only one who feels this way - far from it, and along both sides of the political lines, too.  Around here, assume someone wearing a mask is liberal and you'd like as not assume wrong.

I'm not afraid of nebulous "things in the air" but while "freedom loving" people like yourself choose to exercise their freedom by positioning themselves to become infection agents, why should I put myself and my family at risk just to help the economy?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, nearly two months after requesting my mask it was delivered.  The pictures I took are apparently too large to post. Maybe I'll reduce them and post them another day.

The mask seems to be nice and of decent quality. It isn't bad looking either.

This mask inside liner was a bit too large for the mask itself, and has a big fold right where your nose goes. If I could actually wear the mask (more on that later) I'm thinking it might be the weird thing on your nose you can't get rid of. Maybe it is no issue whatsoever. Still it looks like a second you'd find in an outlet store.

When I tried it on for the first time. I noticed it was way too big. Then I discovered it was adjustable. Awesome. When I tried to adjust it, one of the plastic loops that changes the length of the ear straps was completely cracked and useless. So until/unless I devise a new adjustment mechanism, the mask is useless to me. Which  is fine. When I ordered it I had no mask. Now (two months later) I have several.

No I'm not sending it back. It was "free" and it took two months to arrive. But I'm probably not donating a second time, as planned. I feel bad for Dhvani as I suspect they got in over their heads and are now just pumping out stuff without much QC.

Obviously this might be a great marketing tool--it should be. But I think this might backfire on them, in the end. Given the poor quality, why would I buy something from them for a lady friend?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.