RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

5 hours ago, beerme1 said:

I've had this thought also but then I get this nagging reminder, Gilmore really didn't want to be here at the end of the day.

We'll see with this guy but I like what I heard from him and his style will win everybody over pretty quickly so lets make him feel welcome like we know how to!

I agree, not everyone is a hyped personality, as I’m not. However, there are certain situations (like being drafted by an NFL team) where even chill personality people at least force themselves to smile. Unless you have some type of social deficiency, you understand how your response comes across. I don’t care who wants to play here, as long as they play well and show up to work. With that said, I don’t get how anyone can claim a dude like Gilmore wanted to be here. I think he’d at least cracked a fake smile if the Pats drafted him. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Except he wasn't. The blown coverages were Rex's useless scheme some of the most atrocious safety play you are likely to see. 

Not to get too far afield but thinking less about the coverage than going as far out of his way to avoid contact as Moss does to initiate.

Both Epenesa and Moss are representative of the part of the process that Lee Smith talks about in such terms as... dominate your assignment, impose your will, demoralize them, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women. This is the identity the Bills are trying to establish and I'm for it.

Edit: I'm talking about Gilmore's last season as a Bill. It was a shameful display at times. Beane/McDermott ain't gonna keep the me-guys around.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So do we keep yeldon 

You wait to see what happens. Maybe we have an injury? Maybe someone else does, and we can trade for a pick? Just too soon to say, but the more option the better! 

23 hours ago, H2o said:

Is the "We need a RB" crowd happy now?

Were you in the “we need a RB” crowd”

or the “TJ Yeldon is a fine compliment to Singletary” crowd

or the “RBs are a dime a dozen, sign a free agent, he’ll do” crowd.

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Were you in the “we need a RB” crowd”

or the “TJ Yeldon is a fine compliment to Singletary” crowd

or the “RBs are a dime a dozen, sign a free agent, he’ll do” crowd.

16 hours ago, H2o said:

I said it because we all knew we were going to add a RB at some point, and it was likely to be between Rounds 2-4, but people were losing their minds because we didn't take Dobbins in the 2nd. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

According to the much maligned (around here) PFF Moss does more than just bulldoze people.

'There wasn’t a more elusive running back in the 2020 NFL Draft than Zack Moss. He broke 0.33 tackles per rush attempt ever since his emergence as a true sophomore in 2017 and has broken 33 tackles on 66 catches in his career. Moss isn’t going to wow you with his speed, but he does pretty much everything else at a high level. He was PFF’s RB2 and has the size, vision, hands and elusiveness to succeed in the NFL.'

I will add that he was 2nd in the nation this year with over 1000 yds after contact. A ridiculous 4.5 yac per rush. He was also 2nd in broken tackles.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

For sure.  Maybe we can sign gore or tolbert to be our backup RB 

dang— I forgot about Tolbert! 

I am actually not of the view that we

can sign any old FA scrub, but I am of the view that you can get a solid RB at a low cost, including very late in the draft. 

that said, I don’t really have a problem using a 3rd round pick on a RB. A 1st round pick, on the other hand...

• Like (+1) 2