RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I’d agree with those saying Moss will be RB1, with Singletary as RB2 weapon.   

Moss is a fantastic receiver out of the backfield, and after getting trucked by Moss, defenders are going to have fun trying to tackle Singletary when he comes in with his LeSean McCoy-ability to make guys miss in a phone booth.  

Think the Lynch, Jackson times 

So all you virtual body language experts. Are you voice experts. He sure sounds excited. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Who cares?  There were 15 WR's taken, 6 of which came in the first round.  Another 9 in rounds 2-3.  

RB's are a devalued asset in the modern NFL.  And it shows year after year when perhaps 1-2 are taken in the first round.  

Having 2 capable RBs is essential. We now have that. Look at all the RBs taken previous to the Moss selection.

Each will play a significant role on their team - Including Moss.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Singletary has elite vision and contact balance 

Reminds me of Thurman in that respect.

Moss is a shifty down hill runner and in good contrast to the Barry Sanders like moves of Singletary.

Another nasty wrinkle added for the opposition when facing Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills.

Awwww man, pls let there be Football this season.

MERCY!!!

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why in the world is everyone forgetting about Knox??? :huh:

I really like the kid too and expect improvement moving forward. If he manages to catch everything thrown at him, he could be really special, imo.

That said, he won't be recognized until he proves otherwise.

11 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

The Bills are as good at drafting RBs as the Steelers are at wideouts.

Excellent pick!  Singletary or Moss can start on a given week and the team won't miss a beat.  

This team is ready.

Agree. 

I would add opposition and circumstance will dictate who gets the touches. We now have 2 capable backs that defenses need to  account for. Our offense, with these new weapons,  will become more diverse and difficult to defend, imo. 

I think we have a great young combo of RBs.  The best thing of all is this shouldn't be like the days of old where teams stack 8 in the box knowing we have the intentions on running.  We should have a formidable passing game to complement this running attack.  If this happens to be the case, these backs will explode on defense's that must remain honest.

These types of picks complement the entire offense as a whole.  I have zero doubt Moss will have a big impact.  McBeane know what they want and how they want to use it. 

11 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think they'll rotate depending on the situation.  Moss is the short, tough yardage situation guy.

We're gonna like Moss in the 4th quarter of games when he gets those tree trunks rolling downhill against a gassed defense.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, purple haze said:

Pull up all of the highlights from last year of RB's breaking 50 yard or longer TDs.  

Pull up all of the highlights of RBs breaking 20-40 yard TDs. There will be more of these runs.   Singletary or Moss can score from 40 or in like most backs.  

Stefon Diggs is your "homerun hitter".  So is Smoke.  All the Bills need is for Josh to hit the deep ball when the receiver is open and the Bills will score a lot more points.  We also need WRs/TEs to catch it when he puts it on them.

I couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:

Exactly my sentiments. Good post.

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Singletary isn’t outrunning anyone.... don’t know enough about Moss to say the same. 

Good thing they're playing football and not running a race then, huh?

We now have 2 very good RBs that will contribute mightily to this offense. With the addition of Diggs and what's already here, this offense can dictate.

And yes, I expect JA to step up and become "that guy". I'm very optimistic with what's now in place. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

Doesn't seem overly excited. But I appreciate the shout out to the fans. 

I think he is just a very chill person. Similar reaction when they showed him being selected. As long as his feet do the talking, I’ll be happy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1