RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I’d agree with those saying Moss will be RB1, with Singletary as RB2 weapon.   

Moss is a fantastic receiver out of the backfield, and after getting trucked by Moss, defenders are going to have fun trying to tackle Singletary when he comes in with his LeSean McCoy-ability to make guys miss in a phone booth.  

Think the Lynch, Jackson times 

Just finished watching his tape.

Number one...he's definitely faster than his forty. Numerous plays where he broke away and couldn't be caught. He has the ability to take it to the house. 

Second...he is unphased by arm tackles. He literally runs through them without even having an impact on him.

Fantastic addition, and he will definitely challenge Singletary for more snaps. Should be a great battle that makes a great two headed monster!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The Bills two picks are another in an endless series of draft rounds where strict BPA is never ever true. It just so happens that the BPA in both rounds just happened to be our two clear biggest needs? It's never BPA, unless the BPA just happens to be a main position of need AND you hadn't already picked at that position AND already looked down draft at more players who may be available at position of need.

I am okay with a BPA approach, where BPA is slightly adjusted or weighted against need.

The problem is when teams (we have done this many, many times in the past) reach significantly for need. Oftentimes too that is super short sighted because you will probably have a different need next year. That’s when you become a perennial 7-9 team. 

13 minutes ago, ALF said:

AJ Dillion  was taken at 62 ,  I was hoping he would fall to 84. Still happy with Moss just don't like the numerous injuries citing

I say this seriously— but you wonder that with our now elite strength and training program, that’s going to help. Plus, just limiting-sharing carries and some basic coaching can probably help limit injuries. 

Also, looking at his injuries, the only one that seems really not fluke is his AC joint sprain, from probably pounding into people. He had turf toe 3 years ago and a Slight meniscus tear getting out of bed— seem a bit flukey. 

Eh, he was injured enough that it only limited him to being Utah’s all-time leader in everything.  Every RB gets dinged up.  They get hammered every play. He was obviously really productive anyway

McD and Beane now have their Deangelo Williams and J stewart.

I said in 1 of the draft prediction threads that I thought Moss would turn out to be the best rb in the draft and now I really hope that is true!  He was exactly the person I was hoping for when they were on the clock!

Loving the value so far in this draft!

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

With the way this line run blocks or is it just Singletary's vision that finds a hole when they really is none.  But if this line is that good at run blocking I would love it if the Bills found there Barry Foster type that just pounds you inside.  With Moss they might have found one.

Singletary has elite vision and contact balance 

1 hour ago, thronethinker said:

A lot of the video feeds from the Players houses were delayed. Some of the feeds didn't show reactions for nearly 2 minutes after the pick was announced. Its not like they have a crew there sending a live feed with $200, 000 worth of studio gear. 

But the players know they’ve been drafted. They have the teams hat on. I know if I got drafted by any team but patriots my family and I would be going crazy as soon as we got the call. Wouldn’t be sitting there like damn everyone be quiet and reserved with depressed faces until it’s announced.