RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

9 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

Not a fan of moss. Productive but not really excited about another running back that runs 4.65. 
I wanted a home run hitter to backup up Singletary. 
Devin already gets the tough yards. What does Moss add?

Im sure he will be productive. Just not at all the profile I was hoping for

Yeah, the people wanting a home run hitter are likely disappointed by this pick. But Beane said as much recently that they wanted a vertical runner with power when explaining why Yeldon didn't see so much time.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, the people wanting a home run hitter are likely disappointed by this pick. But Beane said as much recently that they wanted a vertical runner with power when explaining why Yeldon didn't see so much time.

I have been a proponent of the two headed monster at rob for years now.  I prefer having two good ones as opposed to just relying on one really good guy, for various reasons.

I good with this move, whether it have been Dillon (preferable) or Moss.

I can’t believe there’s 22 pages on this guy and it seems like half of the posts are about the guy’s reaction to being picked. People are still really butt hurt over Gilmore’s reaction all those years ago and the whole “whoa is me no one wants to play in Buffalo”victim attitude. Just listen to the kid speak, watch him play, and we all know he’s going to love it here!

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Probably already mentioned but listening to Joe Marino podcast and he’s raving about his pass protection skill. Devin was one of the best RB pass blockers in the league already as a rookie too. Hard to find this already developed coming out of college 

...225 lbs at 5'9" seems to me (??) to send a message about his low center of gravity and thickness......BUT....still having decent speed and hands.....

26 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Everyone talks about him not looking happy, I didn't see it but I noticed a lot of the drafted players did not have much of a reaction. I think it was either poor production timing of the shot or they arent the type to be jumping up and down.

A lot of the video feeds from the Players houses were delayed. Some of the feeds didn't show reactions for nearly 2 minutes after the pick was announced. Its not like they have a crew there sending a live feed with $200, 000 worth of studio gear. 

24 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I can’t believe there’s 22 pages on this guy and it seems like half of the posts are about the guy’s reaction to being picked. People are still really butt hurt over Gilmore’s reaction all those years ago and the whole “whoa is me no one wants to play in Buffalo”victim attitude. Just listen to the kid speak, watch him play, and we all know he’s going to love it here!

I like the pick. After singletary last year Im excited to see them strike good again. But it was very obvious he was not excited to be heading to buffalo. 

it’s not a big deal since we have him for 4 years then he can head where he wants. 

9 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I like the pick. After singletary last year Im excited to see them strike good again. But it was very obvious he was not excited to be heading to buffalo. 

it’s not a big deal since we have him for 4 years then he can head where he wants. 

People keep saying this, but the feed was delayed and not in sync with the the announcement by Goodell. It’s been happening the entire draft. Now, he may not be thrilled with coming to Buffalo, but I don’t think you can tell that by the feed. He said the right things in his interview, so this is a non-story to me. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Yup. Short on breakaway speed. Great for chunk yardage. Penalties are going to be frustrating unless Allen’s deep ball improves drastically. ??

Penalties are gonna be frustrating, regardless. But I appreciate your point about quick strikes vs. sustained drives. 

• Like (+1) 1

People will love this pick honestly. 

IF he stays healthy there will be many calling for him to be the bell cow over Singeltary by 2021. Watch. 

his vision

balance

power

Hands

feet 

are all top end 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

I remember how many people were upset at the Singletary pick last year.

Moss has good body balance and runs with power, exactly what we need. This was an area of need and Bills got the perfect fit. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

People will love this pick honestly. 

IF he stays healthy there will be many calling for him to be the bell cow over Singeltary by 2021. Watch. 

Agreed.

I’d agree with those saying Moss will be RB1, with Singletary as RB2 weapon.   

Moss is a fantastic receiver out of the backfield, and after getting trucked by Moss, defenders are going to have fun trying to tackle Singletary when he comes in with his LeSean McCoy-ability to make guys miss in a phone booth.  

• Like (+1) 1