RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Never said I was...I’m also not a mod. And I’ve NEVER outright insulted someone for simply stating an opinion one time. Now if the same person goes on and on about the same thing in every thread, sure, I’ll needle them.

But this one was way out of line, and I hope if I did something similar that a veteran poster would have the kohones to call me out too.

You’re welcome to your opinion, as ridiculous as it is. As I stated in my edited response to your 1st pre-coffee bluster, a noob blasting a late 3rd Round pick who will play immediately on a playoff team when adding a 10th WR is the much better option, doesn’t warrant home baked pies as a welcoming gift, Mod or not. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Other than the fact that one's a little guy who specializes in shiftiness/change of direction and the other's a big guy who runs with power, they're basically the same guy.

thought so.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re welcome to your opinion, as ridiculous as it is. As I stated in my edited response to your 1st pre-coffee bluster, a noob blasting a late 3rd Round pick who will play immediately when adding a 10th WR is the much better option, doesn’t warrant home baked pies as a welcoming gift, Mod or not. 

It also doesn’t warrant a personal insult. Especially from a mod. Unless the goal is to get that person to bugger off and not express a future opinion.

That’s where I stand, and I’ll leave it there.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re welcome to your opinion, as ridiculous as it is. As I stated in my edited response to your 1st pre-coffee bluster, a noob blasting a late 3rd Round pick who will play immediately on a playoff team when adding a 10th WR is the much better option, doesn’t warrant home baked pies as a welcoming gift, Mod or not. 

Let’s stick together. Personal attacks aren’t needed anywhere ever, but in particular on a Buffalo Bills board where every single person here loves the greatest team. 

Having said that, I love the Moss pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Offside#76FredSmerlas said:

Beane said he was shocked that he was still on the board and was nervous because he wanted him so bad.  Hmmmm you think we reached?

Well, only time will tell.  Even the top 10 guys in this draft need to prove themselves.  Now that he's a Bill, I hope he becomes a force to be reckoned with.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I think you're wrong. Almost every mock had him going in the 3rd, often higher than where he actually went. So why is your analysis more accurate than the "experts" and the actual GM who gets paid millions to do it, a GM that has been pretty successful to this point?

I don't have THAT big of a head!  lol..

That was my immediate rabid Bills fan take on the pick.  Everyone's going to have an opinion, and I didn't like the pick.  I thought there were better options on the board that I think would have made more of an impact.  

Now that he's a BILL, I'm over it, and hope he's the rookie of the year.  I'll gladly eat some crow!

Damn you Tito’s. I missed this pick because of you. 

Great Value. Would have been 2nd round last year if he had declared. 

Our backfield is young, but talented. 

Now we just need... wait, do we need anything else? Holy *****... are we good almost everywhere? 

Is Tito’s good with coffee? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Regarding him not looking happy

A few things that will alter that attitude

1. First time he scores and leaps into that endzone crowd

2. First time he runs onto that field in his first home opener

3. When he starts cashing his 1st checks

Don't worry...Billsmafia has a way of turning that frown upside down

2 minutes ago, Hit Man #47 said:

Agreed. But for #1, that might be in his second season. Empty stadiums this year,  most likely.  

Probably already mentioned but listening to Joe Marino podcast and he’s raving about his pass protection skill. Devin was one of the best RB pass blockers in the league already as a rookie too. Hard to find this already developed coming out of college 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

He ran an electronically timed 4.52 after his hamstring healed.

Indeed. That was largely tongue-in-cheek; the implication being that the team is still missing that breakaway speed in the backfield is all.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Probably already mentioned but listening to Joe Marino podcast and he’s racing about his pass protection skill. Devin was one of the best RB pass blockers in the league already as a rookie too. Hard to find this already developed coming out of college 

This is key and all about McDermott and Beane.  Players have to do all things well.  He catches well...is hard to bring down and blocks well.  Perfect fit 

12 minutes ago, Hit Man #47 said:

His interview cleared that up for me.  He said all the right things and is a character guy.  Nothing to see here.  Move along. :)

• Like (+1) 2