RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

28 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think you're wrong. Almost every mock had him going in the 3rd, often higher than where he actually went. So why is your analysis more accurate than the "experts" and the actual GM who gets paid millions to do it, a GM that has been pretty successful to this point?

The whole "we could have gotten him a round later" is an incredibly stupid take as well. Maybe, maybe not. If he can contribute, does it ultimately matter if he was a 3rd or 4th round pick? It also is dependant on who you get in the 4th. There's so many possible permutations of how things work out. It's just a crutch for those people that need to complain about something. 

Last season people lost their minds because you could have taken Singletary in the 4th! Now...he was a bargain as a 3rd.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This will be helpful:

Pass Catching: Softer mitts and longer arms than we've come to expect from our 5-foot-10, 220 pound dudes. Adjusts really nicely to inaccurate footballs while on the run or forced to elevate and quickly transitions into a runner. Wins against linebackers and defensive backs in space to make the first guy miss and quickly get upfield. Is a great candidate for screens and checkdowns, with a modest outlook as a route runner.

• Like (+1) 1

Like the pick.  There was a big run on RB's in round 2 and early round 3 which left the cupboard pretty bare at RB except for Moss.  That's why Beane was sweating.

I really wanted WR Edwards from South Carolina here, but the damn Raiders took him about 5 picks earlier.  Interesting how some teams have taken multiple WR's here in the early rounds...

I'm surprised how early the BC RB went (Dillon)... in the 2nd.

DE, RB check, check. :)

Now let's get a WR, CB.

Edited by hjnick

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

We just got the reincarnation of Frank Gore...!

So happy with this draft...

It sounds like he has good hands so maybe a bit of Larry Centers? 

Now on Gore if he does not get picked up I'd like the Bills to offer him job either as assistant coach or on training staff.

Imagine him telling a 20-something year old "I can do it, why can't you?"

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Zack Moss  (Utah)

Born December 15, 1997 (age 22)

Height 5ft 9 in ; Weight 223 lb; Arms 31’ ¼”; Hands 9’ ¼”; 40 yd dash 4.65; Bench Press 19 reps; Vertical Jump 33”; 20 Yard Shuttle 4.37

Cousin of Santana Moss

College stats

Third-team AP All-American and first-team all-conference

2019: 235 carries, 1,416 yards, 6.0 ypc, 15 touchdowns; 28 receptions, 388 yards, 13.9 average, two touchdowns

Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tU24goTDhE

Obviously with number of TDs more than 1 year highlights.

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I was a bit concerned about his injury history (knee) - but he came back from that with a vengeance garnering 3rd team AP All American honors. I think the Bills have likely looked into the inury and feel comfortable. Without that injury concern, this is guy is a borderline first round talent!! I thought he may come out last year itself - but he had to defer because of the injury.

He deferred because he wanted to finish is college degree which is a good thing if true.

50 minutes ago, 947 said:

Moss ran 4.52 after the combine. He tweaked his hammy in one of the Combine workouts, but ran the 40 anyway. So now we know he's a good bit faster than 4.65.

Here's the 4.52 video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0OddjpJukLI

That's good news. Epanesa is reportedly also faster than his 40 time. His coach said he would have run faster at his pro day, but then the world ended...

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

A good interview after he was picked, by the Pac12 network. 

Ok. I ?❤️? this GUY! -and I’m comfortable enough in my leathered, wrinkled skin to profess it. He thrives on having defenders make ‘business decisions’? and now he has a 9 point chip on his shoulder! A humble, determined and mature young man who loves to bring the smack! I see our next Fan Favorite here! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2