RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

Awful pick, awful draft.

We obviously needed to draft the next Tom Brady at that spot, but instead we took some guy from Utah.

What's in Utah anyway? Buncha Mormons and people that wish they were from Colorado?

Psssh... pretty clear we're going 2-14 now. 

I mean a RB? Really? Why couldn't we just move Ed Oliver to RB & take the next Tom Brady with this pick? And don't ask me who the next Tom Brady is...I don't know, I'm not a psychic, but our GM should be dammit! JUST DRAFT THE NEXT TOM BRADY! How hard can that be? 

UGGGGHHH

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Motor26 said:

Man, remember Mike Tolbert? He was worse than Gore was at by the end of this year.

Not sure why we ever brought in TJ Yeldon, they don't like him at all and only will use him if their backs are to the wall.  I know he fumbled a few times but my guess is he was coughing it up in practices to because he had a very short rope.  Too bad because he catches the ball out of the backfield nicely.

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Awful pick, awful draft.

We obviously needed to draft the next Tom Brady at that spot, but instead we took some guy from Utah.

What's in Utah anyway? Buncha Mormons and people that wish they were from Colorado?

I mean a RB? Really? Why couldn't we just move Ed Oliver to RB & take the next Tom Brady with this pick? And don't ask me who the next Tom Brady is...I don't know, I'm not a psychic, but our GM should be dammit! JUST DRAFT THE NEXT TOM BRADY! How hard can that be? 

UGGGGHHH

I like turtles...

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea.... the team needed offensive players who can turn drives into quick scores. Diggs is def one, but that’s it to this point.

Part of the reason they had so many long scoring drives was because they lacked playmakers who could take one play to the house. They still do.

John Brown, no?

13 minutes ago, Offside#76FredSmerlas said:

I will say this as well.  Beane is smart and if we had that bad of a line he would have grabbed a guy with one of the first two picks or made a bigger splash move in free agency.  I truly feel we have a very good line if we shore up the right tackle spot.  Josh Allen holds on to the ball longer than any QB in the NFL and that's a fact.  This obviously results in more sacks and more penalties.  This reminds me of when Rob Johnson was getting smashed for 7 or 8 sacks a game and everyone said our line is not good.  Then Flutie comes in and the guy gets rid of the ball in a timely manner and the sack numbers go way down.  I know you aren't saying we are terrible Bob but we also might be a lot better than most realize at that position.

Ok. I’m glad you feel that way. I need to see the progress.  I think the OL is decent and will get better.   

6 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Awful pick, awful draft.

UGGGGHHH

They sure do!

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I like turtles...

Screw turtles, are they the next Tom Brady? No? Then gtfo with their half land/half water BS.

Wtf is that about anyway? Too good to just pick a habitat and stay there? Think they're so special because they can socially distance themselves within themselves? 

"Oh look at me, my house is attached to my body, whoopdeedoo!" 

That's nice, homeless people carry boxes around too, don't see them bragging about it. Self righteous turtle pricks.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Haha (+1) 5

52 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Spain wiffed on a few stunts. Morse picked up a couple then a blitzer got three or a stunt forced a choice on Feliciano. He can improve, as can Ford. I’d like to see Ford get stronger and Spain lose enough weight to get quicker. 

Fair enough. 

44 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Gotta be honest.  I like the POSITION but not the pick, at all.  Way too high for Moss, and I personally think we could have landed him in a later round.

I'd have gone with WR Devin Duvernay, Texas.  Yes we have Diggs, but our other starters are over 30 and this in my opinion the WR's in round 2 were of better value.  Most of the WR talent are bon afide starting material, where Moss will never be more of a role player/backup.  Brown and Beasley are old and will start to fade, so it's very important to add youth to an aging position..  I see this as a missed opportunity.

Beane got a HIT by trading for Diggs, and then followed up with an extremely solid round 2.  Didn't panic and trade up, and got a very good EDGE rusher.  

Bad pick in round 3.  

In round 4, I hope he redeems himself with one of the following (in order of preference):

WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, Michigan

CB Darnay Holmes, UCLA

TE Colby Parkinson, Stanford

OG Ben Bredeson, Michigan

CB Lamar Jackson, Nebraska

OT Prince Tega Wanogho, Auburn

WR KJ Hill, Ohio State

TE Hunter Bryant, Washington

WR Juan Jennings, Tennessee

WR Collin Johnson, Texas

CB Troy Pride Jr. Notre Dame

I think you're wrong. Almost every mock had him going in the 3rd, often higher than where he actually went. So why is your analysis more accurate than the "experts" and the actual GM who gets paid millions to do it, a GM that has been pretty successful to this point?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think you're wrong. Almost every mock had him going in the 3rd, often higher than where he actually went. So why is your analysis more accurate than the "experts" and the actual GM who gets paid millions to do it, a GM that has been pretty successful to this point?

To echo this, these guys do so much prep for the draft. Including mock drafts within the organization, examine what needs other organizations have through film, reach out to get a feel for what other teams are looking to do. This isn't a fantasy football draft where you just nab the guy that Yahoo says is ranked the highest. There is some strategy to it...

So if Beane is saying he was trying to trade UP in the 3rd round for fear of Moss being taken before 86... I'm going to guess that he would not have lasted to our next pick in the 4th. Media Mock Drafts and rankings are NOT NFL organizations Mock Drafts and rankings... and I'm definitely not trusting the intuition or insight of guys on a message board that "know football" because they played in HS, watch ESPN and read CBS Sports mock drafts. 

Edited by JGMcD2

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

To echo this, these guys do so much prep for the draft. Including mock drafts within the organization, examine what needs other organizations have through film, reach out to get a feel for what other teams are looking to do. This isn't a fantasy football draft where you just nab the guy that Yahoo says is ranked the highest. There is some strategy to it...

So if Beane is saying he was trying to trade UP in the 3rd round for fear of Moss being taken before 86... I'm going to guess that he would not have lasted to our next pick in the 4th. Media Mock Drafts and rankings are NOT NFL organizations Mock Drafts and rankings... and I'm definitely not trusting the intuition or insight of guys on a message board that "know football" because they played in HS, watch ESPN and read CBS Sports mock drafts. 

But even the media mock drafts had him going in the 3rd round, so I don't see why anyone would think he would be available in the 4th, especially where the Bills are picking. And if Beane thought he needed to trade up for him, as you mentioned, that's clear evidence that there was interest from other teams. Beane isn't a fool.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Screw turtles, are they the next Tom Brady? No? Then gtfo with their half land/half water BS.

Wtf is that about anyway? Too good to just pick a habitat and stay there? Think they're so special because they can socially distance themselves within themselves? 

"Oh look at me, my house is attached to my body, whoopdeedoo!" 

That's nice, homeless people carry boxes around too, don't see them bragging about it. Self righteous turtle pricks.

I gotta admit...this is gold! ?

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

But even the media mock drafts had him going in the 3rd round, so I don't see why anyone would think he would be available in the 4th, especially where the Bills are picking. And if Beane thought he needed to trade up for him, as you mentioned, that's clear evidence that there was interest from other teams. Beane isn't a fool.

There is a 0% chance Moss would have dropped to the 4th. I was actually surprised he didn’t get taken in the 2nd with the run on RBs. We are lucky a couple of surprises went before him. Beane was probably so nervous, the RBs have been completely picked over now. 

Edited by billspro

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I know it’s crazy as a bills fan to go past are we functional to discussing are we fully optimal 

that’s all I was doing. We added good players and we should function. I think in a dream roster we have a bit more speed but it doesn’t mean we aren’t a functioning group. 

The Bills have the players to be optimal.  You can add Ruggs and Dobbins and Whoever else.  I saw Smoke Brown running free down field in games and being over thrown.  I was at the Philly game watching Foster running down field and being over thrown.  I saw Allen put the ball on Duke Williams in the end zone in Houston and he didn't catch the rock.  I've seen Knox drop passes that would have kept drives alive.  Singletary gets chunk yards often.  How about they give him more work?  Diggs will be open, often, at every level of the field.  The Bills have the talent.  They need the execution.  

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1