RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There were heavy resources (including a 2nd round pick) towards the OL last year.....seriously wondering where a OL would even make this team this year.

Its not that they are all pro bowlers.....its that they are solid and the OL in the draft might not be as good?

Dawkins - Franchise LT

Spain - Didnt give up a sack last year

Morse - The big money spend last year

Jon F. - highly under rated

Ty N./Ford/Williams the only real uncertainty

Lots of solid backups.....lots of different position vers

I think Spain is a weak link, but everyone on the team loves him, so like I said, maybe they get better as a Unit playing together.

Plus I know Ryan Bates is one of those Dark Horses we have.

12 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

While I agree that the 2019 line was decent, it was not necessarily a powerhouse.  Better than previous years.  

Dawkins may or may not be a franchise LT. This season will tell.   
Spain is adequate. Not great. 
Morse is big money but I would rather spend that money elsewhere.  
Jon F is ok.  Better backup than a starter.  
RT - Ford needs to take over and dominate as a 2nd rounder should;  or he moves to gaurd and the pick is questioned since we moved up to get him.  

All 5 offensive line players were playing with each other for the first time last season and Ford was a rookie at a position that takes adjusting for alot of players. Oline is a unit where continuity matters more so than any other unit. 

I think all 5 starters along the O-line are average or better players (all of whom are under 30) and there is quality starting caliber depth behind them. I think Ford being more consistent and the continuity will propel the unit from a mid-level unit to a top 10 unit.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think Spain is a weak link, but everyone on the team loves him, so like I said, maybe they get better as a Unit playing together.

Plus I know Ryan Bates is one of those Dark Horses we have

You arent to say that about Spain.  He didn't allow a sac last year.  What's it to like? Is it his run blocking? 

59 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh it definitely makes us better; I’m just not sure if it adds that explosive dimension that the backfield is missing 

I think they might be going for relentless assault followed by play action. ?‍♂️

That said, I really like Moss. Primarily because I’ve watched the kid level DEs in pass pro then float out into the flat. It’s infinitely better that Taylor who looks like he pretended to try blocking at times. Thing with Moss is going to be..... how aggressive can our O line be about wearing down front 7’s? 

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Plus I know Ryan Bates is one of those Dark Horses we have.

Spain is at worst a midlevel starting guard. I don't see a weak link on the Oline granted my projection of Ford is optimistic.

Dawkins - Above average LT

Spain - Average at worst

Mitch - Top 5 to 7 player at his position. 

Feliciano - Average to Above Average

Ford - I project him to be more consistent in 2020 and at least be an average RT

They have Long, William's, Ty and Bates off the bench all of whom I think are starting caliber players. 

10 minutes ago, Offside#76FredSmerlas said:

Devin is not even close to being the punisher this kid is and he weighs 20 more lbs than Devin.  He is a great compliment.  Devin runs hard and is physical but this kid will run your ass over.  Buffalo will grow to love this kid, has a meaness attitude like Marshawn Lynch when he runs.  You asked what does he add?  and then you say he will be productive, well that's what we want someone productive.

Not saying we don’t want productive. 
But I was hoping for an explosive home run hitter to take pressure of Allen so he doesn’t have to “matriculate” the ball down the field. 

I was being rhetorical with what does Moss bring. I know who he is and what he does. I just think Devin does the exact same thing in “grinding” out the tough yards. 

I’m positive I’m going to love Moss the first time he runs someone over or moves a pile. He’s a good player. I just wanted a different type of player

16 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

While I agree that the 2019 line was decent, it was not necessarily a powerhouse. But better than  previous years.  

Dawkins may or may not be a franchise LT. This season will tell.   
Spain is adequate. Not great. 
Morse is big money but I would rather spend that money elsewhere.  
Jon F is ok.  Better backup than a starter.  
RT - Ford needs to take over and dominate as a 2nd rounder should;  or he moves to gaurd and the pick is questioned since we moved up to get him.  

Dawkins had a great year

Spain gave up ZERO sacks

Morse is an above average center but mentally he is very sharp and gets the line in the right coverage's, extremely cerebral

Jon held his own and played solid for us, also filled in nicely at center when needed

Ford needs to make a big jump in year two, hurt us often, wouldn't be surprised to see him get beat out by Tyler Neitzke or Daryll Williams

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

You arent to say that about Spain.  He didn't allow a sac last year.  What's it to like? Is it his run blocking? 

Spain wiffed on a few stunts. Morse picked up a couple then a blitzer got three or a stunt forced a choice on Feliciano. He can improve, as can Ford. I’d like to see Ford get stronger and Spain lose enough weight to get quicker. 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I like this pick alot

Bills seemed to be high on him and I can see why. Tremendous vision and contact balance. Good acceleration with deceptive speed, good feet

He is marshawn Lynch like

Do you think this might scare off the Canadian crowd? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2