RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

He def looks the part....

I gotta be honest....when I look at AJ I see a young DE that could use some work in the weight room on his body (and this is not a knock on him...he is a naturally huge person who can get better under an NFL trainer)

Think he's a big framed naturally dense body mass guy who can play at 290 and look much lighter  I can see him as the big end playing the run taking on the TE/T double  I can see him if we run any 3-4 as  DE.  He can slide inside in the 4-3 if were up against a pass heavy team or they are playing catch up.  He has a very high floor and at pick #54 a no brainer.

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There were heavy resources (including a 2nd round pick) towards the OL last year.....seriously wondering where a OL would even make this team this year.

Its not that they are all pro bowlers.....its that they are solid and the OL in the draft might not be as good?

Dawkins - Franchise LT

Spain - Didnt give up a sack last year

Morse - The big money spend last year

Jon F. - highly under rated

Ty N./Ford/Williams the only real uncertainty

Lots of solid backups.....lots of different position vers

While I agree that the 2019 line was decent, it was not necessarily a powerhouse. But better than  previous years.  

Dawkins may or may not be a franchise LT. This season will tell.   
Spain is adequate. Not great. 
Morse is big money but I would rather spend that money elsewhere.  
Jon F is ok.  Better backup than a starter.  
RT - Ford needs to take over and dominate as a 2nd rounder should;  or he moves to gaurd and the pick is questioned since we moved up to get him.  

Edited by Bob in STL

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

The Bills are as good at drafting RBs as the Steelers are at wideouts.

Excellent pick!  Singletary or Moss can start on a given week and the team won't miss a beat.  

This team is ready.

I think they'll rotate depending on the situation.  Moss is the short, tough yardage situation guy.

• Like (+1) 1

I watch a lot of Pac12 football(I'm a night owl and the games go on until 1AM-2AM) and I've been a big fan of Zach Moss for a while. He's a leader, he fights for every inch on every play, and he doesn't quit...a perfect McBeane guy! I couldn't be more excited to see him in a Bills uniform!

I like Singletary, and its important to have a 1-2 RB punch, but don't be surprised if Moss is the feature back sooner rather than later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Yea adding a 4.65 to a 4.66 isn’t exactly the thunder and lightning pair some are portraying. 

breakaway speed isn’t what I’d call our strength or what they have targeted.

Pull up all of the highlights from last year of RB's breaking 50 yard or longer TDs.  

Pull up all of the highlights of RBs breaking 20-40 yard TDs. There will be more of these runs.   Singletary or Moss can score from 40 or in like most backs.  

Stefon Diggs is your "homerun hitter".  So is Smoke.  All the Bills need is for Josh to hit the deep ball when the receiver is open and the Bills will score a lot more points.  We also need WRs/TEs to catch it when he puts it on them.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

I like Moss’ tape in the Red zone. Hope that means more TDs and fewer FGs.

our run game in the redzone has been terrible when anyone but Allen is running the ball. just get stuffed for 0 yardage or we can never convert the short yardage situations on the goal line. 

43 minutes ago, noacls said:

there is no lightning. Both backs run in mid 4.6s

Moss runs a 4.52...unless you want to count what he did at the combine on a pulled hammy over his pro day workout.

And Singletary definitely plays faster than that.

Watching highlights, it doesn't make sense. He puts the hurt on guys a good but bigger than he is. 

I saw a Travis Henry comparison which would be an incredible compliment to Singletary. I would have loved a burner but I can't complain with two backs that have great balance and should move the chains. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wvbillsfan said:

Not a fan of moss. Productive but not really excited about another running back that runs 4.65. 
I wanted a home run hitter to backup up Singletary. 
Devin already gets the tough yards. What does Moss add?

Im sure he will be productive. Just not at all the profile I was hoping for

Devin is not even close to being the punisher this kid is and he weighs 20 more lbs than Devin.  He is a great compliment.  Devin runs hard and is physical but this kid will run your ass over.  Buffalo will grow to love this kid, has a meaness attitude like Marshawn Lynch when he runs.  You asked what does he add?  and then you say he will be productive, well that's what we want someone productive.

• Like (+1) 1

Really good pick. Solid draft. Beane knows how to add pieces. These two are going to be significant contributors, just like Singletary, Knox, Harrison Phillips, Cody Ford, who were also drafted in rounds 2 & 3.

i believe Epenesa could be a special player. 

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Pull up all of the highlights from last year of RB's breaking 50 yard or longer TDs.  

Pull up all of the highlights of RBs breaking 20-40 yard TDs. There will be more of these runs.   Singletary or Moss can score from 40 or in like most backs.  

Stefon Diggs is your "homerun hitter".  So is Smoke.  All the Bills need is for Josh to hit the deep ball when the receiver is open and the Bills will score a lot more points.  We also need WRs/TEs to catch it when he puts it on them.

I know it’s crazy as a bills fan to go past are we functional to discussing are we fully optimal 

that’s all I was doing. We added good players and we should function. I think in a dream roster we have a bit more speed but it doesn’t mean we aren’t a functioning group. 

21 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

And Beasley was already really good at getting open before adding Diggs and landing a great second RB.  It's just unfair at this point.

Well, the Chiefs are no pushovers, gotta go toe to toe with them. I just love the idea that after Singletary rips off a beautiful 20 yard slash and burn, while the tackler is putting his shoes back on, he looks up to see Moss trotting out to pick up where Singletary left off.

• Like (+1) 1