RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

Just now, GreggTX said:

He should be a decent backup RB. Too bad we have done nothing to bolster the blocking.

WAIT! Are we done? I thought we still had picks tomorrow? 

Our OL is not terrible, but I hope continuity helps, and we keep getting better. Still time to add talent in the draft, and trade some future cuts for late round picks......again. I’m good with that. I’m happy with our “process” here. 

Just now, Logic said:

Funny thing is: if back in February someone would have told you these would be our first three picks, people would have been doing backflips down Chippewa Street.

But tonight on social media, the usual cast of complainers. You just can’t — absolutely CAN’T — please some people.

I don't know how to process how good McBeane's...process...is.  Our first three picks produce a top 10 vet WR on a good contract, the #2 edge, and #2 RB.

Is this real life?  This is the best possible timeline.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Which ones?  Tennessee is the outlier, not the standard.  

In Back To The Future, Marty McDly went back 30 years into the past.  You've done that outlining the strategy needed to win games in the 1990 NFL because ball control doesn't matter when your opponent scores 30+ like KC or perhaps BAL can do.

Didn't Houston just score 19 points on Buffalo in something like 1.5 quarters?  How are base DE's and slower RB's going to help Buffalo score? 

Both of our RB's have high touchdown production in college

Our first round pick was a high touchdown production WR

Our QB is a duel threat who gets into the end zone

There is only one ball....what do you want?

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Ive always felt and said that, say for a RB, 5'9" 220 is a bigger guy than 6'0" 220. You want their legs and upper body to be bigger not their height.

Yeldon is 6' 2" and easy to tackle.  Those thick legged, squatty types with a low center of gravity give DBs cause to make a business decision every time he squares them up.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I was someone that would have liked Dobbins in R2, but if you wanted an edge rusher and a RB, which were our two biggest needs, IMO, then AJ and Moss are likely a better duo than Dobbins and any remaining edge guy, and preferable. Of course, we didn't know for sure he would be there, but overall, it's a solid one-two selection for picking fairly late in the second and third.

spot on, I felt the exact same way but lifted now.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

notice he continually leaves out our 1st Round WR. Poor little troll he is

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

I don't know how to process how good McBeane's...process...is.  Our first three picks produce a top 10 vet WR on a good contract, the #2 edge, and #2 RB.

Is this real life?  This is the best possible timeline.

This is obviously a much better run organization nowadays as is evidenced in cap management, drafting, oh and......winning

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

we still don’t have breakaway speed. You know, the area everyone was discussing. 

we won’t be the track meet team, but have talent across the board. Would’ve been nice to get faster on offense still though.

So we should sign Taiwan Jones!!! Right?! Al Davis agrees with you!

unless I misinterpreted what you said 

Edited by WorstTEever81
I may have misread
  • Haha (+1) 2

People saying they were hoping for more speed from the RB pick: I get it, but that guy wasn’t on the board at good value at 86.

Besides, Moss had 16 plays of 25 yards or more last year. That tells me he CAN make explosive plays.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

“Home run” ability is so overrated. Even the best backs break off really long runs for TDS what, 2 or 3 times a year? Singletary had 7 carries over 20 yards last year on 151 carries... the top running back taken in last years draft, Josh Jacobs had 8 of 20+, on 242 attempts.

I think Motor n’ Moss are going to be an excellent 1-2 punch.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Which ones?  Tennessee is the outlier, not the standard.  

AFC- Titans Baltimore

NFC- San Fran, Minn, Sea, Phi

I will admit Philly is based on what they did to us but the rest I watched to know running is as important as throwing to them. Before you argue Seattle 481 times to 341 throws. That is absolutely a run first offense.

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Who cares?  There were 15 WR's taken, 6 of which came in the first round.  Another 9 in rounds 2-3.  

RB's are a devalued asset in the modern NFL.  And it shows year after year when perhaps 1-2 are taken in the first round.  

Why are they devalued?

teams have shifted to more of a backs by commute in part because one gets tired the other reason is Data has shown fal off with ball touches. A RB could go through this after 4-5 yrs.

as a result teams look at a 1st and say I shoukd have this player with my team for 8+ yrs. most RBs don’t last that long as a full time player.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Funny thing is: if back in February someone would have told you these would be our first three picks, people would have been doing backflips down Chippewa Street.

But tonight on social media, the usual cast of complainers. You just can’t — absolutely CAN’T — please some people.

Each are good adds. Diggs should be a game changer. 

I think we are clearly a better team adding solid contributions into 2 holes tonight. I think that generally fans were hoping for a guy that could score from anywhere or create turnovers on any play and instead got 2 steady role players that take air out of the ball and reduce plays in a game instead. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Our first RB had THE MOST TD production in college.