RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Ive always felt and said that, say for a RB, 5'9" 220 is a bigger guy than 6'0" 220. You want their legs and upper body to be bigger not their height.

Also, and it’s a legit thing I think......harder to FIND! They can see the holes, but you can’t see them. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

I was someone that would have liked Dobbins in R2, but if you wanted an edge rusher and a RB, which were our two biggest needs, IMO, then AJ and Moss are likely a better duo than Dobbins and any remaining edge guy, and preferable. Of course, we didn't know for sure he would be there, but overall, it's a solid one-two selection for picking fairly late in the second and third.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think you guys misread the look on their faces. They’re probably tired and crabby. 

This isn’t a typical draft where you’re partying with friends and family. 

He’s locked in a room with what looks like his mom, sister, aunt, and girlfriend watching what seems to be the most boring draft ever (entertainment wise/no trades), and being picked late in the third round. 

Probably just over it tbh. Happy to have him, can’t wait. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Yea adding a 4.65 to a 4.66 isn’t exactly the thunder and lightning pair some are portraying. 

breakaway speed isn’t what I’d call our strength or what they have targeted.

He can get faster if he works at it.  He's got lousy knee lift and lousy ankle dorsiflexion.  In other words he runs a little stiff.  They can work on that. 

8 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Singletary and Moss may form the slowest duo in the league. But they are good at their job.

The McBeane era process.

First draft raw athletic freaks you can develop through the rebuild, then pick up "production > combine" grinders to plug in and contribute.

5 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I agree 100%. A lot of players have looked unhappy after Goodell announced the pick. I just think the timing is all out of whack with the reactions. I'm not worried at all.

This for sure, this even happened last night for the most of the top guys.  They were way out of sync

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if they add one more RB in the draft.

shocked? No. Unhappy? No. Surprised? Yes. I think they will want a little experience in the room based on what we’ve seen of their culture building. I doubt we end up with singletary, 2 rookies, and a rugby player in the building week 1 even if it’s our most talented option.

• Like (+1) 1