RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Oh it definitely makes us better; I’m just not sure if it adds that explosive dimension that the backfield is missing 

I wouldn’t be shocked if they add one more RB in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Hot update from PFF on running backs

image.thumb.png.32ff2e8f7d86f697044ac8a1e2bb2166.png

Is this a parody account?  They have him as the 2nd best RB in the draft on this link at least.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-position-rankings-running-backs

2. ZACK MOSS, UTAH

Draft Board Rank: 77th

Moss may not have the same elite measurables as some of the other backs in this class, but he has a trump card we’ve seen translate again and again to the NFL — the dude breaks tackles. Whether it’s as a runner or as a receiver, Moss is a safe bet to be on his feet after first contact. In fact, Moss broke at least four tackles in each of the games in which he carried the ball at least 10 times, even though he played through injury for a portion of the year.

He had the third-highest single-season broken tackle per attempt average of any running back we’ve charted in our six years of doing college football, and as a receiver, he caught 66 career passes and forced 33 broken tackles after the catch. Those are insane figures that are a safe bet to continue in the NFL. At 5-foot-10 and 222 pounds, Moss has every-down running back potential.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I was just thinking that the one thing this offense is missing is a small-statured RB that runs in the mid 4.6’s and lacks breakaway speed.

Wait...

Yeah, wait...

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2013/01/11/draft-rewind-2005-frank-gore-san-francisco-49ers/

Draft Rewind 2005 – Frank Gore – San Francisco 49ers

Posted on January 11, 2013 by Dan Shonka

What Ourlads NFL Scouting Services said about FRANK GORE: Miami, 5093 217 4.66. Junior eligible.

Explosive power runner with a squatty body who has been limited by an ACL surgery on each knee. Has bulky speed. Good vision. Surprising speed and burst after two operations. Strong lower body. Run with his pads over his toes and low to the ground. Can’t arm tackle him. Runs through tackles. Lacks long finish speed but finishes his runs. Bender-weaver type runner downfield. Will line up in slot at times. Better than average hands to pluck the ball. Can improve routes. Has run skills and production as a runner. Natural instincts and feel for running the ball. Vision and ability to create on poorly blocked plays. Explosive start. Moves the pile in short yardage. Efficient in short yardage situations. Good balance. Gets yards on contact with his leg strength. Late second day pick because of knee concerns and lack of speed.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Not a fan of moss. Productive but not really excited about another running back that runs 4.65. 
I wanted a home run hitter to backup up Singletary. 
Devin already gets the tough yards. What does Moss add?

Im sure he will be productive. Just not at all the profile I was hoping for

I thought we needed a burner too but still.... he is value at the spot and anything is better than TJ freaking Yeldon.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

I agree 100%. A lot of players have looked unhappy after Goodell announced the pick. I just think the timing is all out of whack with the reactions. I'm not worried at all.

At the start I think they cut in too early, now they’ve been cutting too late. Been a bit messy. Overall considering they’ve done a good job. Been a little morbid at times but at least the technical issues haven’t been bad 

16 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Not a fan of moss. Productive but not really excited about another running back that runs 4.65. 
I wanted a home run hitter to backup up Singletary. 
Devin already gets the tough yards. What does Moss add?

Im sure he will be productive. Just not at all the profile I was hoping for

those water bug RB's are usually in and out of injury during the season

we need a reliable #2 RB and Moss fits that 

10 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

He probably wanted to go somewhere on the west coast or where he'd be the for sure bell cow. But he was probably just in shock.

He might have been thinking he should have gone higher then he did

I really dont put that much stock in this stuff.....Shady didnt want to come here at first either

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Oh it definitely makes us better; I’m just not sure if it adds that explosive dimension that the backfield is missing 

Yea adding a 4.65 to a 4.66 isn’t exactly the thunder and lightning pair some are portraying. 

breakaway speed isn’t what I’d call our strength or what they have targeted.