RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Third on the team in receptions last year.

16 plays of 25 yards or more!

Pac-12 offensive player of the year!

A north-south runner with catching and big play ability.

Frank Gore jr, or as my autocorrect called him: Thor Fire jr.

I'll allow it

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I was just thinking that the one thing this offense is missing is a small-statured RB that runs in the mid 4.6’s and lacks breakaway speed.

Wait...

I don’t know moss well, and our judgement on weapons for a modern offense hasn’t been ultra reliable  

but we needed a viable rb2 tonight and feels like he makes us better

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Zona said:

Most of the best banks in nfl history are 5'9" or 5'10" and 205 to 215 lbs.

Thurman

Emmitt

Barry

Marshall

Walter

This guy Is just a bit bigger. I love this pick.

I’m with this guy.

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think as fans were reading into his “reaction” too much. The home feeds have kinda been a mess the whole draft. Maybe they already celebrated. I would guess Allen already has him on the phone hyping him up. 

I agree 100%. A lot of players have looked unhappy after Goodell announced the pick. I just think the timing is all out of whack with the reactions. I'm not worried at all.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t know moss well, and our judgement on weapons for a modern offense hasn’t been ultra reliable  

but we needed a viable rb2 tonight and feels like he makes us better

Oh it definitely makes us better; I’m just not sure if it adds that explosive dimension that the backfield is missing 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MikeSpeed said:

Worried he doesn't want to be a Bill. I think he'll feel a little bit better after a few carrys in the up coming superbowl.?

Well he's kinda F'd for the next 4 years to prove himself. I won't cry over a 3rd round pick for a run now!

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Well, he’s 5’9” according to his combine page, and when guys like McCaffrey, Saquon, Zeke, etc are all 6’0”, yeah, I’d say that qualifies as small in stature.

Ive always felt and said that, say for a RB, 5'9" 220 is a bigger guy than 6'0" 220. You want their legs and upper body to be bigger not their height.

• Like (+1) 2